• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions -> 80 to 120mm adapter for CPU Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Know Nuttin

Has anyone used one of these adapters and found it was worth it, both cooling wise and noise wise? I know that using adapters usually introduces backpressure. However, it does reduce the deadspot, which is nice.

All opinions welcome.

I probably wouldn't recomend it for heatsink use. A 120mm's nature already makes it severely lack static pressure in comparison with an 80mm. Not only having to shove air through the adapter, but the heatsink as well, you would be just as good off as using an 80mm to being with.

I've got some Panaflo's coming, 38cfm/32dba. Guess I can just stick with those instead.

what about a 92 to 80mm adapter?

SolidxSnake said:
ahh...

still, i say to stick with an 80, with a spacer to kill any deadspot

Do you know where there are any 80mm spacers available, ideally in the UK.
I have been looking for one for the past week to put between the slk-900a heatsink and 80mm fan.

Or do they have to be custom made? Thanks.

Just realised that I could take the motor out of another 80mm fan and use that housing inbetween the heatsink and fan to act as a spacer.
So simple in the end.

Back