• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Case to go with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Cooler Master is an awsome case with excellent cooling. You probably won't find much support for Thermaltake products here. I went with the Armor myself, got a good deal and I do like the case.

Who cares if fanboys hate Thermaltake. Go with the one you like the most. I had a Stacker last summer and now I have TT V8000 and I like it alot.

soloflya8nd0of.jpg

Last edited:
solofly said:
Who cares if fanboys hate Thermaltake. Go with the one you like the most. I had a Stacker last summer and now I have TT V8000 and I like it alot.
Do you like your Thermaltake or CM better?

Overall TT by a little. (to be fair)

The TT is water and fanless friendly where CM is't or wasn't built with that in mind. Both cases are almost the same in price but you get more with TT than you do with CM. The extra 3-1/2" hard drive cage (in the rear) is another example.
Like I said before, don't listen to kids and/or fanboys that trash TT for no reason and repeat one another forum to forum.

i just thought maybe a TT Kandalf would cool better since you can have 2x90 and 2x120 compared to 2x80 and 1x120 in the stacker, and its big and i do plan on eventually water cooling

i like coolermaster stuff, but tbh id take one of the thermaltake cases - despite what folks say about them my last case was a xaserIII and the build quality was superb compared to some other cases - i even at one point replaced my xaserIII with a lian li pc61 but changed back cos the lian li felt shabby compared to the xaser (tho my new case rules them all :D ). Of your choices all are great cases - its which you like best.

solofly said:
Overall TT by a little. (to be fair)

The TT is water and fanless friendly where CM is't or wasn't built with that in mind. Both cases are almost the same in price but you get more with TT than you do with CM. The extra 3-1/2" hard drive cage (in the rear) is another example.
Like I said before, don't listen to kids and/or fanboys that trash TT for no reason and repeat one another forum to forum.

You can hardly say the Stacker isnt suited to Watercooling, there are two places you can mount a Dual 120mm Rad without even modding. In the front drive bays or in the bottom intake vent. Then is its overall size which make any Config possible and Tubing wont be cramped. If you felt like it you could put the PSU in the bottom and then have whatever size Rad you want in the Top.

Most of the people who don't reccomend Thermaltake, on this forum atleast, have genuine grievances and usually have evidence to back up their claims, who are these fanboys you are accusing?

Hmmm... if i got either of these cases and wanted to water cool would i have any problems or have to do much modding?

Vrykyl said:
(tho my new case rules them all :D )

Not bad. ;) I had the Lian Li V1000 there for a while. It's a little brother to what you have. Actually I'm not a big fan of aluminum cases, I like strong cases. Got two Lian Li PC-6x and that's enough.

crb806 said:
Hmmm... if i got either of these cases and wanted to water cool would i have any problems or have to do much modding?

If you got the Stacker there are two places where you could mount a dual 120mm Rad without any modding at all.

113-1347_IMG.JPG

do you guys think that the blue LED fans in the stacker that you can place in the front would glow through that black aliminum mesh material in the front or would you see any glow from the fans period w/o putting in the cmstacker window?

just something i dont like about the lian lis, look too boring for me i think or too plain

crb806 said:
just something i dont like about the lian lis, look too boring for me i think or too plain

Exactly the reason i like them ...lol

I don't care for the flashy stuff myself, it all comes down to personal prefernce.

crb806 said:
do you guys think that the blue LED fans in the stacker that you can place in the front would glow through that black aliminum mesh material in the front or would you see any glow from the fans period w/o putting in the cmstacker window?

the mesh is fairly transparent. i have a stacker and i can see the fans through the mesh (plain black fans) which i don't really like but if you want to see light through it then yes you will see a fair amount of light passing through it

i just came across a very good example of what you need to answer your question about the stacker mesh here :) . how convenient...

Back