• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

linksynergy...good and bad? (Help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

13rian

My first general experience with linksynergy was when I was trying to click links on some Hot Deal sites, such as ableshoppers.com. Their direct links to the specific item on certain websites, like buy.com, always came up with an page loading error:
Alert The connection was refused when attempting to contact click.linksynergy.com
(Some come up with different websites other than linksynergy, like click.bfast.com, but for the most part, it comes up as the qoute above.)

This is obviously not right because people on Hot Deal forums post this type of direct link and nobody complains of the page loading error, including my friend who I asked to test out. I tried googling linksynergy, but the only relavent links that came up were getting rid of it, labeling linksynergy as spyware/malware. Only on this forum did someone briefly explain that it pays the one who posts it by just clicking the link, like a referral or ad.

BTW, I have Firefox 1.0.4 w/ Adblock.

Back