• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

primuslesler

okay i have a p4 Northwood (im not exactly sure what prescott and northwood please explain) and it runs @ 1.504V and its core speed is 2.0ghz the normal temperatur for it is 27 degrees c
the fsb is 100mhz and the multiplier is x20 and the bus speed is 404mhz

is it normal without it being overclocked and while being overclocked to be at the same temperature? because alot of temps that i have seen have been in the 40's and mine is below 30

does anyone else have Award bios v6.0? it doesnt have but a fsb overclocker and could you reply to my other thread im still new at overclocking... i use quick tune 4 its a utility that came with my mobo...

hey is my mobo any good for oc? gigabyte 2004-rz model# 8vm533m-rz

from what i can tell i can only change the fsb

Last edited:
ya i use this but the only extra thing it does that my bios doesnt is let me change the fan speed for my cpu and i can see the temps and the voltages

the bottom feature which i cant use its shaded out is for changing voltage

Last edited:
Dont put a lot of stock in the temp readouts unless your room temperature is like 17C or so. let is settle down to a good idle and in mbm put some offset on the temp till its reasonable. 5 or so degrees above the system temperature would be a good guesstimate.
I remember my lil celeron 2.0 northwood topped out around 3.1ghz and never did make much heat. It hit 2.6-2.8 at bellow stock voltages. If the P4 version is anything alike then its a great little chip. Temperature was never much of an issue with it either even with my crappy lil dragon orb 4 thingy.

Back