• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

His X850xtpe Vivo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VioLent

Registered
Hello everybody =D

I just bought an HIS x850XT PE for $310 (hopefully this was a good deal), its coming this friday, but I was wondering since this card has an aftermarket heatsink, how much better clocks would it get then a regular x850xt PE? And I was also wondering what kind of thermal paste they put on the card. Would it be smart to remove the heatsink and apply some AS5?

Thanks, Violent

Last edited:
AS5 usually helps a few degrees unless its on it already was that a PCI-E version(if so where'd you get it :p )? and usually you got a lil better clocks but its not very noticeable until you oc it

The cooler is quieter but not much more effective than the stock cooler. Your overclocks won't be any higher. Anyway, the range of overclocking on that core is far greater than a heatsink like that can improve.

While a cooler like that was really good for my 9700pro and 9800se, the stock coolers on those were more pitiful than some stock northbridge coolers. The X800 series cooler is all copper and has a lot of surface area and a high-speed variable fan. To get much better you would need to use a cpu cooler.

Back