• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Technical Support Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tru.....no hard feelings....i like mushkin.....great support from you guys so im good here....

probably a long shut but any chance of an upgrade policy or trade up anythign ever coming to life??

ludeboy12 said:
tru.....no hard feelings....i like mushkin.....great support from you guys so im good here....

probably a long shut but any chance of an upgrade policy or trade up anythign ever coming to life??

Thank you for warm feedback :)

You should direct your question to Tom about upgrading/trade up policy.

Well, since this thread is called Support Thread, what should I do now? Send them back to the retailer for a refund or RMA them to Mushkin? Sticks arent faulty according to memtest, they just dont run at 1T and anything lower than CL3.

Streifenkarl said:
Well, since this thread is called Support Thread, what should I do now? Send them back to the retailer for a refund or RMA them to Mushkin? Sticks arent faulty according to memtest, they just dont run at 1T and anything lower than CL3.
Sure I'd be happy to assist you on that. Also before I forget your LDT is set to either 4X or 3X correct?

Sentential said:
Sure I'd be happy to assist you on that. Also before I forget your LDT is set to either 4X or 3X correct?

What RAM does he have cause he listed Balistix in his sig and last time I checked those are Crucial's sticks.

The system in my sig doesnt exist anymore. Forgot to change it. Im doing it now.

Sentential, what is the "LDT"? Do you mean the HT Multi? If yes its set to 3x currently. if not please tell me, so I can check the respective option.

Streifenkarl said:
The system in my sig doesnt exist anymore. Forgot to change it. Im doing it now.

Sentential, what is the "LDT"? Do you mean the HT Multi? If yes its set to 3x currently. if not please tell me, so I can check the respective option.
Yes sorry, the LDT is in reference to the multiplier for the overall HTT frequency

Is this thread still in use? (Sorry for bumping old thread)

But I got a pair of Mushkin a day ago and I am having problems overclocking it past 220MHz.

Ftw this is my ram (http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?id=186).

I've tried 2.9v 3-4-4-8 and can't get past 220MHz, though it can run 2-4-4-8 220MHz. Rig in sig.

Anyone have experience overclocking a Pentium 4 Prescott and this set of RAM please help! Or any advices!

Okay, I know my pair of Mushkin memory are power hungry and so far I've given it 2.9v. The farthest I can get into Windows is 220MHz with SPD enabled (2-4-4-8). Mat on Ultra-Turbo, Spread Spectrum disabled, RAM multiplier locked.

And how many hours do I have to run P95 and memtest for finalization?

Its recommended to run any system stability tool at least eight hours.

Redline HP3200 uses CH-UTT chips on the modules, so they are very identical to what XP3500/XP4000 Redlines (512Mb modules) were but they just didnt pass our quality tests so they were speed binned lower.

Unless you have no intentions to push more volts through your modules it seems that your overclock will stay at 220-230MHz.

2 questions :)
I RMA'ed me pc3500 lvl2 (2x512mb), but since they are out of it they are sending me XP4400 2.5-4-4 (991400) (http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?id=154 ). I told them it was fine since it runs a lot faster (even though the timings are a lot looser though).

But I've been searching the web for awhile, and the ONLY real review I can find are the ones listen on their sites. I went to a couple forums that I frequent and found only a couple posts on the RAM. So it looks like it wasn't around for that long, for whatever reason.

The ram will be going in a system with these specs:
amd64 3200+ (2.3-2.6ghz, hopefully more with new, non-crappy mb)
DFI nf4 ultra-d
2x512mb xp4400
x1900xt
ocz 700w gamestream(i think it was called a gamestream, lol...it's the new ocz 700w one)

Any idea on what fsb, and timings I should be able to get with this ram? Also, should I leave everything else on the board set to auto, or do I need to change some of the timings? (i only know the 2.5-4-4-8 part, those other times I have NO CLUE to what they are, lol). Also, how can I tell if they are TCCD or TCC5? The e-mail I got said they were "Samsung TCCD based...", so I'm not sure what they will be (i obviously don't want to take of the heatspreaders though). Also, are these better at say 2.6v or higher volts like 2.8v (which is max supported under warrenty i believe).

Lastly, how do most of you guys "active cool" your ram? I know you stick a fan over it, but where the hell do you attach the fan. I'll be using the "VA8003BWS" ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133021 ) so the side 250mm fan will be blowing on it, but not that much I guess. I'd like to install a 80mm fan on it, but don't know where to attach it.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Its recommend set set alpha timings manually as well as the four main timings.

Good timings would be:
Tcl: 2.5
Trcd: 4
Tras: 8
Trp: 4
Trc: 7
Trfc: 14-15
Trrd: 2
Twr: 2
Twtr: 2
Trwt: 2-3
Tref: 3120

As for voltage limitation please check with digital multimeter (if you have one) for not crossing that 2.8V much. One R.A00 revision DFI NF4 board I had overvolted VDIMM by 0.09V-0.1V (2.8V would give 2.89V-2.9V real). As I dont use case for my PCs its a little hard give tips where to hook fan, zip-ties however can sometimes do the job nicely :)

Back