• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turion beats Dothan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OHH!!!! i just re-read the article. these guys have lost all credability by my call.

LAME WEBSITE! said:
AMD merely ported Winchester to Socket 754, removed the IHS (integrated heat sink), and renamed it the Newark core. Unfortunately, Newark wasn't very popular at all, only getting adopted in a mere two laptops: the Acer Ferrari 3200 (Athlon 64 2800+ Low-Voltage Mobile 35W),

WRONG! winchester was rev. d, newark is rev. e. winchesters mobile s754 counterpart was oakville, which was unpopular. mistakes like that, unacceptable.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
OHH!!!! i just re-read the article. these guys have lost all credability by my call.

WRONG! winchester was rev. d, newark is rev. e. winchesters mobile s754 counterpart was oakville, which was unpopular. mistakes like that, unacceptable.

Send 'em an email ;)

Sentential said:
Dothan is not designed to be for peformance but for battery-life. And on that account, it absolutly slaughters it. Since AMD made the turion to compete on that end, I think sadly they have failed miserably at delivering something capable of defeating it. Even with much better technology.

I first bought the compaq x6000 p4 3.2 and ened up giving it to my brother as a gift. Than i bought the asus z71v and was disapointed by the performance and sold it to some sucker. Now i own the ferrari 4005 and have never been happier with any other purchase in my life (excluding my 350z). I get 3.0 - 3.5 hours of battery life with the ferrari vs the 2.5 - 3.0 i got with z71v when playing DVDs with the lcd brightness set to high.
I'm not so sure anyone should dismiss the Turion by saying "Dothan absolutly slaughters Turion". Im sure there are instance where the battery-life with dothan is better but i think slaughter is a strong word to be used when comparing both of them. besides you have no supporting arguments or extensive first hand experience from what i've read in your post or other posts you've made previously in other threads.

Back