• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p3v4x & ps temp sensor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lude

In asus P3v4x mobo theres an pin which can be connected to power supplys thermal monitor (if ps supporst one).
Question:
Can this pin used with a normal heat sensor cable.
I don trust what the cpu's sensors readings are and i thought if i can get more accurate readings with this sensor.

If it works what's the place to put the sensor in, Between hs or between core and hs.

I have the same MB, (it's great) you can use a 2 pin thermal sensor there.

If you want to check the temps of the motherboard, put the sensor NEXT to the core, NEVER between the core and the HS.

Also you may want to use Motherboard Monitor 5, not the Program supplied by asus.

If your temps seem high, check the contact on the hs, you may need to lap the hs, and it is best to use some arctic silver

yeah i didnt trust my internal cpu diode sensor when it said i had temps in the 60s...i felt really lucky though when i got my new heatsink and the temps went into the 30s......man i mighta had a new keychain......and it ran for a year and a half with temps edging into the 60s...god i love intel.....

Back