• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI's Countdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Overclocker550 said:
and my gut feeling is itll be close behind a 7800gtx but I have no "proof" either. However lets not argue, itll be out "soon" is all I can say

I can't wait to see what kinda numbers they get.

I'm not buying R520 though, just waiting for CrossFire X800 cards to come out because I'm CrossFire ready. I have P5WD2 Premium and X800Pro. I'm pretty confident X800Pro Crossfire will Play BF:2 on 1280x1024@75mhz vsync high detail with full AA\AF and right now that'a all I could want.

Crossfire is totally different from SLI~ A board will only be crossfire ready if it literally says it on the box as it requires hardware modifications.

me also thinks that ATi Radeon X1800XT : 16ps - 600MHz Core/1400MHz Memory will be slower than 7800gtx. But with some oc... who knows :)
Heard rumors that x1800xt will have 1,26ns Samsung memory and this could theoreticaly oc 2000/1,26=aprox 1,6 GHz

Yeormom said:
Crossfire is totally different from SLI~ A board will only be crossfire ready if it literally says it on the box as it requires hardware modifications.

So, why does ATi say that the intel 955x chipset will support Crossfire? I am looking at my P5WD2 Premium box and it says NOTHING about crossfire.

ATi Website said:
5. What motherboard is required for a CrossFire system?

A. Radeon Xpress 200 CrossFire Edition and Intel i955X based dual-slot motherboards are supported platforms.

Here is the link so you can read it for yourself.

boundrose said:
me also thinks that ATi Radeon X1800XT : 16ps - 600MHz Core/1400MHz Memory will be slower than 7800gtx. But with some oc... who knows :)
Heard rumors that x1800xt will have 1,26ns Samsung memory and this could theoreticaly oc 2000/1,26=aprox 1,6 GHz

I highly doubt the XT will only be 16 pipes.

TryBel said:
I highly doubt the XT will only be 16 pipes.

I've only been seeing 16 pipes for the XT release. Don't think theres been an official word on it yet though.

There are suppositly 16, 24 and 32 pipe possibilites though.

deathman20 said:
I've only been seeing 16 pipes for the XT release. Don't think theres been an official word on it yet though.

There are suppositly 16, 24 and 32 pipe possibilites though.

These versions probably do exist, but I guess the yield rate is too low right now, heard there are like 32 pipe versions out there.

Dan

Dan0512 said:
These versions probably do exist, but I guess the yield rate is too low right now, heard there are like 32 pipe versions out there.

Dan

I've heard about it too (some news about only 10 radeons with 32 pipes manufactured :shrug: )
anyway i was talking about xt version of x1800 and never heard about xt release with more than 16ps.

I doubt this is going to completely destroy the 7800GTX but I expect it to be at least equal. 24 pipe versions may come out eventually but yield are probably still to low at the moment.

As to the crossfire thing: only the ATi xpress200 chipset and the intel i955X currently support it. The reson you don't hear about xfire support in the specs is because the intel chipset was produced before it had been comfirmed that xfire was going to be on it. ATi made the deal with intel to get greater market penetration in the more lucractive intel market. Enthusiats may be the ones to go for dual GFX cards at the moment but SLI and xfire will be comming down in price into the mainstream market where average Bob gamer wont know whats best and sees the pentium logo and 2 graphics cards on a case and think "w00t" (seeing as hes probably the annoying 1337 guy who spams the chat in CSS and uses the autosnipe)

there wont be 32 pipe r520s. However r580 will be 24 and possibilly 32 pipes but when they will come out is unknown but rumors say early 2006

The Pro and XL versions are pretty likely to have 16 pipes, but the XT is still unknown. Guess we'll have to wait another week until we know for sure.

goog` said:
definately for the apocalypse. See you all in hell, or where ever else you beilive in
What about reincarnation?

The 955x and ATI 200x or whatever it's called are the only chipsets ATM that support Crossfire.

Yeormom said:

Here it is out of ATI CrossFire FAQ.

5. What motherboard is required for a CrossFire system?

A. Radeon Xpress 200 CrossFire Edition and Intel i955X based dual-slot motherboards are supported platforms.

World Wide Exclusive Partner Webinar – ATI Introduces THE NEXT GENERATION ATI Radeon® X1K
As a valued ATI Partner, we invite you to join us for our Radeon® X1K Sales Training and Information Webinar. Members must pre-register to participate in the Webinar

Please join us for one of the two scheduled Webinars and learn about the exclusive advantages of ATI’s latest graphics, what these will mean to your customers and take advantage of this opportunity to ask questions directly with the ATI Product Marketing team.
Event Topics:
X1K Series - The most advanced 3D Gaming Architecture
Revolutionary Avivo™ Video and Display
CrossFire™ Ready for Extreme Gaming
An Ideal Fit for Digital Lifestyle Convergence (PC and CE)
Video Demonstrations
Live Q & A Session

Webinar Details

Hosts: Matt Skynner, Director Desktop Discrete Products

Guest Speaker: Stanley Ossias, Senior Product Manager, Desktop Discrete

Q & A: Jimmy Dinh, Product Marketing Engineer, Desktop Discrete

Matthew Witheiler, Senior Product Manager, Multimedia

Webinar 1

Date: Thursday, October 6, 2005

Time: 9:00 am - 10:00 am EST

Back