• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy laptop chassis?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

'Lo there :)

I'm looking to build my own laptop...but i am clueless as where to buy a chassis. Does anyone know of a (web)shop in europe that deals in laptop barebones and will ship to The Netherlands?

Tia,

- Tim

the only thing i can think of that would be cost worthy would be looking into ebay.
unfortunelty its not the easiest thing to do when trying to piece components together.

usually a barebones setup is a lill bit cheaper than purchaseing all the parts seperate and it also comes with all the compatable fans and such...

Sjaak said:
'Lo there :)

I'm looking to build my own laptop...but i am clueless as where to buy a chassis. Does anyone know of a (web)shop in europe that deals in laptop barebones and will ship to The Netherlands?

Tia,

- Tim

Yeah I think barebones is a better idea. Asus, MSI, are couple of good companies that make barebones. My Asus w3a barebone is $540 USD. I think that is around 400 euros. I think you can find shops in amsterdam. If not, try france. haha. you can also look for shops in North America that are willing to ship overseas. May be cheaper since tax will be exempt.

Yeah, i looked into the asus and MSI barebones, but still can't find any place to buy them. They're either grossly overpriced or not available for shipment here.

i agree with the barebones being high priced.. just doesnt seem like you getting a good deal after its all said and done

I pieces together a barebone yesterday and it came out 1100€, and much slower then the dell 9300 for 1400€

Think i'll get a Dell this time around.

For warning the Dell 9300 is a monster. Unless this will be your primarry gaming machine, mabey look at something with the X700 or 6600. Don't get me wrong I love my 9300, power and its moblie. Dell dose have a 30% off going right now I think, mabey swing it and grab the XP170 :santa:

Back