• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super pi... is this normal??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hugonow

Registered
I try to run several times superpi, and each time I run the time to complete the calculation increase
I run it about 10 times and the first time was +/- 31.125s and the last was +/- 34.700s!!
My DDR2 memory are oem modules (waiting for xms2 5400ul corsair modules) and they haven't any heatspread protection.
Can it be the memory becoming hotter in each test and start losing performance?
It just happens on super pi.

Is this happening to someone else or is just my machine?

ram doesn't lose performance when it gets hot, it can cause errors but that would make pi crash.

more likely it's your cpu throttling.

hugonow said:
It just happens on super pi.

then what's the problem? we all like to run it once when testing overclocks, tweaks whatever, but who wants to run it again and again? :shrug: :p

dzendrowska said:
then what's the problem? we all like to run it once when testing overclocks, tweaks whatever, but who wants to run it again and again? :shrug: :p
hehe.. not a big problem really, but I just want to know if that's a normal behaviour.

Could be related to super pi or with some configuration in my machine.
:)

Super Pi is extremely CPU intensive and will heat things up. Like Crimedog mentioned, I would check load CPU temps because it sounds like you are thermal throttling.

Back