• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any way to force a bios onto a mobo's flash rom?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ol' man

I found a ST6E bios and I checked the specs for them and they allow a voltage bump to 1.825 vcore. For some reason the ST6 only allows to 1.6v. I have checked the specs and they are the same mobo only the ST6E has more goodies in the bios. I have tried flashing the ST6E bios onto the ST6 but it won't go, the award flash utility says it won't go. Is there older versions that won't care and copy it anyway.
If I wreck the bios it will be a good reason to buy a IWILL bd133u. This will allow me to try it like this first.

So my question stands, is ther a way to force this bios into this boards flash rom?

Well man I have tried half this day to get the st6e bios to work on my st6. ABIT ****es me off that they released a bios for the st6 that allows vcores to 1.825 but the st6 is stuck at 1.6v. Anyone have a idea on how to get the st6 bios to work once again on a st6. Maybe I should order a bios pre made for the st6e. It may work but I can't get this bios to work to save my life.

The ST6 and ST6E may be similar, but they are different enough to require totally different BIOSes. The Award flash utility is preventing you from ruining your board by flashing the wrong BIOS to it. If you succeeded, chances are your board would never boot again.

I'd like to find a flash util that didn't check the board- I need to fix an old board via hot-flash, and the Award flasher don't cut it.:)

I'll send you the util if I find it- I think it will ruin your board, but there's only one way to find out!!:D

Here you go.
http://www.pppr.sk/rainbow/download/uf123.zip

Maybe you want to read about it first, well then go here first.

http://www.wimsbios.com/

Supposedly it is good for doing hot flashes. Didn't work for me though. Still think I am going to try and order a bios for my st6 and say I really have a st6e. The st6e has the record for highest fsb at 253MHz fsb with a tualatin while the st6 could only hit ~220MHz. Something is fishy with that bios or board. I think it may have a 1/5 divider. ****es me off.

Hey do they still have "Water World" there in Denver? I used to spend summers in Kitteridge and Evergreen.

I don't think so.. Ever since 6Flags bought Elitch's, all the little places kinda went away...:(

I go mountain biking in Evergreen a lot- great place!

Back