• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1800XT & ATI's Mobo's Release Date?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Ok so when was it mentioned the release date for this card is suppose to be around? Thought Nov 4th but I wanted to double check to make sure and get ready for a heafty purchase at least for the X1800XT hopfully.

Also... Any info on the ATI chipset release date? I havn't heard lots about it but since I'm getting very close to buying a new system I'd like to see if there was more info on those as well.

1. The x1800XT's are supposed to be available sometime early November; however, time will tell if ATI actually makes good on this or we see another episode of the XT PE series.

2. Currenty, DFI's first Crossfire board is available for sale at retailers such as Newegg. Other ATI boards, however, are nowhere to be found (such as the Sapphire Grouper). With no specific release dates on these boards, you may be waiting for a while.

deception``

Maybe, their waiting for the X1800XT launch? I say we should see them out in November

Last edited:
Blackmage said:
Maybe, their waiting for the X1800XT launch? I say we should see them out in November

The Sapphire PURE Innovation (Grouper) board was announced many, many months ago. It's release date was originally set for August, then September, and so on. More than anything, most believe that Sapphire is simply having a hard time manufacturing a quality overclocking board (which takes good parts, mind you) while keeping costs down.

deception``

for anyone interested in the first DFI Crossfire MB, it doesn't appear to be a good overclocker. In fact just the opposite. If you want to read more on it yourself go over to DFI-Street.

I think, bottomline, I'll wait for the enthusiast's DFI Crossfire board and hope they upgrade to the SB600 or ULi for better USB performance and SATAII support.

I would not rush to get the X1800 they have had some issues with the card and have done some fast redesigning as posted in some articles I personally don't buy tech the minute its released. I take the wait and see attitude + the cost of new tech is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to high.

Agreed

Plus I want to upgrade to crossfire but I'm going to wait till direct x10 video cards are released. Hopefully sometime next year.

Well guess I'll wait and see when the X1800XT comes out. I'm not worried about it being a new tech or not. All cards have some sort of an issue that needs to be fixed with later versions. And since I spend money on a card to hopfully last a long time, exception was to my last upgrade but I got a good deal on it. And currently seeing how the X1800XL is doing with not fully released drivers im looking forward to a nice speed boost on future drivers. Let alone that it might of been a sweet sample but it OCs very well.

Guess as for the mobo, price is way to high and it doesn't support some features I was looking for, but the audio that comes on that board at least the DFI one looks like to be a good one.

Back