• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card Proformence Issues. Dell Inspirion XPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Penel

All my games seem so choppy and laggy lately. HL2/CS:S, and Quake IV.

I notice my FPS from an avg. 75-80 FPS with everything on full in HL2/CS:S dropped to about an avg. 7 FPS from when I first purchased this laptop around Christmas of 2004..

I recently just got my notebook serviced because it needed a good cleaning. Heatsinks and fan inside the unit were clogged with dust, no proper airflow, and it was just plain blowing out hot air rather than the usuall warm/cool air.

Now that all the heatsinks and fans inside the unit are cleaned out. My FPS in HL2/CS:S are avg between 30-40 FPS with everything on full. This is very unusuall and I even installed a fresh OS today. I ran 3DMark05 with all the test and default settings with a final score of 2480 3DMark.

Anyone might know what the problem is? I have warrenty on this baby until 2007 and I am also running the latest Omega Drivers. Further Specs are in my signature below.

I dont think the nvidia omega drivers have been updated for a while, at tleast the guy has an announcement on his main page about that

I'd suggest checking your temps first. might have unseated a HS. but go through and check your Bios settings see if everything is where it should be

I'd try one of the modded drivers from www.laptopvideo2go.com

Just download the drive and the modded .inf file, paste it in the driver file and install as you would a regular driver.

Are you monitoring your temps? How high are they?

If not, download I8FANGUI and I9FANGUI to check them.....

http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/
http://mckenziedev.com/fdownloads.htm

You have to install I8KFANGUI and then past the I9FANGUI exe into the I8K folder for it to work on your XPS....

Back