• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to tell when your fan is going

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

99GrandAmSE

Hey, does anyone know when its time to buy a new fan? I've had this laptop for a little over a year...and when the computer idle's i can like here a whirring noise or something...maybe its nothing...

Kyle

nahhhh... wirring just means it's probbably spinning faster than normal... you should shoot some air into the heatsync to clear out some of the dust...

99GrandAmSE said:
Hey, does anyone know when its time to buy a new fan? I've had this laptop for a little over a year...and when the computer idle's i can like here a whirring noise or something...maybe its nothing...

Kyle

:welcome:

Are you sure it's the fan and not the hard drive? If it's the latter, you may have some processes (perhaps programs, viruses or spyware) that are running unnecessarily....

The system fan should only increase speed and hence noise, with an increase in temperature....

:)

Last edited:
Back