• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 630

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shinji666

Registered
Hi,

I overclocked my 630 to 4Ghz (1066FSB) on my P5LD2 at 1.4875v with TT BT. It's pretty stable with memory running 533MHz (prime95 24hr stable). However, when i set the memory to 667MHz, dual prime would error out in 1 hr or so. But if i default to 3GHz (800FSB) and run memory at 667Mhz, it's dual prime stable for 24hrs.... Any idea what are the causes here? The memory is Kingston DDR2 533 Value Ram.

At default speed of 200 FSB, the 533 memory setting which is the same as the 3:4 ratio and is probably running at 266 frequency (DDR2-533). Confirm this with CPU-Z. If so, then the 667 setting is probably the same as the 3:5 ratio which at 200 FSB this will run the RAM at 333 (DDR2-667). So, at 266 FSB using the 667 setting, you are trying to run the RAM at about 441 or DDR2-882. I'm amazed it ran at all. What memory voltage and timings are you using? What other memory ratio options do you have? If you leave the setting at 533, that should still overclock your RAM to over DDR2-700 when you are at 266 FSB.

try giving your chipset an extra boost in voltage.

Are you sure you need that much CPU voltage? It seems rather high, I don't recall if that board has a bad droop or not.

if i lower the cpu voltage, it would throw me an error in prime95 .. 1.4875 is the only voltage that can run for 24hrs of prime95. My memory is running at 1.9v (1.8v default) for both 200FSB/667Mhz and 266FSB/667MHz. I'm gonna try bumping the chipset voltage and see how it goes. Should i pump voltage for FSB terminal too?

i didn't try 2.0v for memory cuz my memory doesn't have any heatsinks. Is it save to pump 2.0v w/o heatsinks?

Right now, it seeems stable when the chipset is at 1.6v. My chipset doesn't have a fan, only a passive heatsink. Would this be a problem for long term? Should i just chuck in a small fan ontop of the heatsink?

My TT BT fan kinda blow to the chipset a bit too, u think that is enough?

As long as you have decent case ventilation, 1.6v on the N/B with stock cooling is probably fine. Of course, it can't hurt and might help to add a fan on the passive heatsink. A 40mm fan should fit perfect.

Back