• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my 950 65nm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This forum needs more people like 3DFlyer not less. It's a bummer to see him leave. And even worse to see a Mod so eager to give him a push on his way out.

batboy said:
I like throwing my money down holes. I want to upgrade now. I have a system that merely requires me to drop in a new Presler, so why not? I like being a pioneer. Initial reviews are hitting 4.25 gig from these new Preslers using stock cooling. I say that's a big difference from the current 8XX Intel dual cores. The other thing people are forgetting is 2X2M=4M of cache. I don't expect everyone to drive the same kind of car as I do nor do I expect everyone to buy the same computer components. So, chill out.

@batboy - You make some good points.

@noobs - Just a reminder, decide what you are looking for in a system (gaming, encoding, CAD, etc etc...), do your homework and remember that there are two companies to choose from - both of which bring different capabilities/strengths to the table. And please find out whether you are a silent freak or not before jumping in and making any final decisions.

hyperasus said:
This forum needs more people like 3DFlyer not less. It's a bummer to see him leave. And even worse to see a Mod so eager to give him a push on his way out.

Spend one day in a Mod's shoes and you may see things differently.

And I'm not going to defend my stance on this issue, a simple search of post history will reinforce it adequately.

OK guys back to the chips and overclocking - this is what we are here for is it not?

I am now running at a stable 3.82GHZ on stock voltage (1.23v under load), with the case closed, Zalman 7700Cu, Ttake Xaser Chassis (Casetek 101A but the same internals just a bit classier on the outside), 6x 80mm delta fans at 7v and 1x Sunon. No active NB cooling.
CPU Temp is 29c idle, 40-42c full load, thats with a pair of GTs in there too. System temp is an indicated 33c (I think thats the NB), ambient around 20c in this room.
I think that is pretty impressive for stock voltage and air cooling, and I can be sure I will be back with some far better results when I get hold of an Intel chipset board - this is the first and last time I go for a non-intel chipset, on an Intel CPU (well unless something offering amazing performance turns up.....oh and I am tempted by the thoughts of Quad SLI with another pair of GTs).
Peace out and Happy new Year Guys - lets hope it is a good one for overclockers all over the world :beer:

Guys, everybody needs to chill a bit. The New Year beckons. Lets leave all hard feelings behind.

Please, just please stop with this! :beer:

Sorry, I'm a bit incoherent now...if you know what I mean...lol

larva said:
Spend one day in a Mod's shoes and you may see things differently.

And I'm not going to defend my stance on this issue, a simple search of post history will reinforce it adequately.

Well, I am definitely out of here, but since this mod felt compelled to talk behind my back (I just received an e-mail about it), I thought I better defend myself. Talking behind people's back is pretty low in my book.

I have spent more than day in a mod's shoe's, and in fact have spent a few years as a mod, then a few more as an Admin, and am now an Admin of two forums. One of which has well over 50,000 users. I don't see how being a mod, an SM, or an Admin would cause them to call others names, or stab them in the back when they are not around.

It sure has never done that to me. In fact, it has done just the opposite. It has taught me how to be tactful and professional with people, and how to stay away from the forums when I am not in the mood for it. The forum where I was made an Admin a few years back that has 50,000 users would put me out on my ear if didn't do just that. That is the reason that well over 20% of those users are currently active...becasue they won't tolerate that kind of behavior from their mods.

I also do not see where a search of my post would cause you to feel compelled to call me names, or put labels on me. I actually do hope users will do a search of my posts. There they will find all kinds of helpful information which is basically why you got the response you did after I left. My reputation here speaks for itself, and I let that do the talking.

I also would suggest that users take a look back at your own profile. There they will find other instances just like this one where users were run off, and it wasn't that long ago. To narrow it down some try searching for posts only in the PSU forum.

If anyone spot any offensive posts in my profile please do contact me via PM. If they are personally offensive toward other members I will be more than happy to remove them, but you won't find any, because I don't act like that.

Edited to Add: Another thing I am very disapointed about is the fact that I have given you nothing but praise on here for the helpful posts you have given. I had you pegged for a really caring individual.

Last edited:
3DFlyer said:
Edited to Add: Another thing I am very disapointed about is the fact that I have given you nothing but praise on here for the helpful posts you have given. I had you pegged for a really caring individual.
I do care. I care a great deal, and about more than slamming AMD at every oportunity. If you had any similar concern about the balance of your comments, my opinion would have been different. But given the nature of your posts I'm not going to stand around and listen to you slam others as fanboys. Especially after I just told you to knock it off. Your posts are on record here, and you can say what you want, but it doesn't change their content.

Last edited:
larva said:
I do care. I care a great deal, and about more than slamming AMD at every oportunity. If you had any similar concern about the balance of your comments, my opinion would have been different. But given the nature of your posts I'm going to stand around and listen to you slam others as fanboys. Especially after I just told you to knock it off. Your posts are on record here, and you can say what you want, but it doesn't change their content.

I have to agree with Larva on this. Sorry 3DFlyer, when you post it seems you like to pick fights most of the time in those posts that I've seen. Not saying at telling others to look at it a different way bad but just the way you sometimes say it.

All I got to say is good luck, happy new year and hopfully you have a good time where ever you go next, if you don't truely stay around here. I know you post alot and its still sad no matter what if someone leaves the community.

And now to add something to topic...

Markodude said:
I am now running at a stable 3.82GHZ on stock voltage (1.23v under load), with the case closed, Zalman 7700Cu, Ttake Xaser Chassis (Casetek 101A but the same internals just a bit classier on the outside), 6x 80mm delta fans at 7v and 1x Sunon. No active NB cooling.
CPU Temp is 29c idle, 40-42c full load, thats with a pair of GTs in there too. System temp is an indicated 33c (I think thats the NB), ambient around 20c in this room.
I think that is pretty impressive for stock voltage and air cooling, and I can be sure I will be back with some far better results when I get hold of an Intel chipset board - this is the first and last time I go for a non-intel chipset, on an Intel CPU (well unless something offering amazing performance turns up.....oh and I am tempted by the thoughts of Quad SLI with another pair of GTs).
Peace out and Happy new Year Guys - lets hope it is a good one for overclockers all over the world

Wow impressive. I was curious to what ti would operate at normal room tempatures. I think thats a nice change compared to running high temps for the intel chips. Might be compelled to try these and future chipsets out in time.

Last edited:
Is a good thing that mods will not alow Intel/Amd bashing in their section.

These new Intel cpus are great, as the reviews around the web demonstrate. I just hope to see some reviews of VT.

Happy new year to all people. :)

larva said:
Perhaps, but will you be any more willing to consider only diehrd cares?

Totally 100% the difference is I tend to stay away from personal attacks or flames and can consistantly be seen to speeek directly at a product (Like Stasis Thermal) and make my points with out trying to slight any person directly.

Happy new year all . . Even to you larva . . :santa:

ronaldo said:
These new Intel cpus are great, as the reviews around the web demonstrate. I just hope to see some reviews of VT.

VT is suppose to be in these CPU's? Or is it the ones that are released later this year?

diehrd said:
Totally 100% the difference is I tend to stay away from personal attacks or flames and can consistantly be seen to speeek directly at a product (Like Stasis Thermal) and make my points with out trying to slight any person directly.

Happy new year all . . Even to you larva . . :santa:

Hey diehrd, I dont think larva meant that as a personal attack; it was just a little quip seeing how you were saying "diehrd this ;)" so he said "diehrd that," you know?

On topic, I think my next purchase will be a 920. The only problem is I am not sure of what would be the cheapest board to hit the 360 fsb needed to max out the capabilities of a 920(2.8ghz, 14 mult). Anyone have an idea?

Back