• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

th7 raid and more than 2 rdrams ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scotto46

Registered
I built a system for someone using an abit th7 raid. I set up a raid 0 array with 2 ibm 40gb ata 100s,geforce2 mx, p4 1.4 @ 1550mhz, networks card, etc.

Originally he wanted 512mb of ram ( 2 x 256mb rambus rdram). I could NOT get it to boot at all using the 400mhz setting (samsung pc800) . It would boot at the 300mhz setting , but lock up all the time.

I replaced the 512 with 2 128's (256mb total) and everything ran smooth.

The client really wants 512 and I can't even get 2 more 64's or 128's to work, either.

I've heard this is a known prob with this mobo, anyone solved this ? I'm hoping that after the months it's been out, someone has figured this out!
Thanks.
:(

:rolleyes: I have the th72 raid and got 512 rd ram (samsung pc 800) to run no prob. However, I cannot get the fsb over 105; thus, my 2 gig pent for is only at 2.1. I am a little disappointed. However, I am using win98. I know this does not solve your situation.... but just some additional info.

l4g

i know this is off the topic but i have the th7-raid mobo and 2 40gb maxtors and for the life of me i cannot get into the raid setup screen while pressing ctrl + h at boot-up..i am also running windowsxp so i cannot install the HPT370 drivers the way listed in the manual :( could you pls give me some tips? i have been working on this for 8 hours :(

I had the same prob. I use the delete key. Also, the manual doesn't tell you how to install the software with xp. Finally, did you install the additional software that comes on the cd? (the intel stuff?) You might try going to the microsoft homepage for advice as well as the abit homepage. I can see where this would be a problem with a new mobo and operating system. It might be possible to use the (via control panel etc.) method described for win 2000. Good luck... this is out of my realm. Let's face it, there are some bugs with this mobo. Only the fsb software seems to work in overclocking. Adjust the pci frequency and you cannot boot windows.

Back