• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Wire-Managed Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can tell you, that being able to route cable/wires neatly, is a skill, a learned one maybe. One that required patience definitely.
Maybe not a Mod in the sense that metal is not being cut, but a mod in the sense that you are modifying your case to suit your tastes.

meh.

I do have to say, when I see a rats nest of wires, I get all twitchy.

New build:

ASRock Z97 Extreme6
Intel Core i5 4690K
2x8GB DDR3-1866 G.Skill Ripjaws
EVGA GTX 680
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Corsair H100i (reused from previous PC) +4x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15's (D1225C12B5AP-15) in Push-Pull
Corsair RM650i
Corsair 750D (stock fans) + 1x Cougar CF-V12HB for bottom intake (not pictured, added it later)

DSCN3515.JPG

DSCN3519.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome TT, you'll love that Extreme6

Board seems okay so far, BIOS is a bit confusing though. Which may be partially due to my lack of familiarity with UEFI BIOSes.

Well, as it turns out the stock fan configuration doesn't supply enough airflow to keep the GPU cool (10°C warmer than in my previous case). Had to add more intake fans to counter-act the case's poor stock airflow. With the front panel attached there is nearly no airflow from the front fans, they are horribly choked by that front panel.

ASRock Z97 Extreme6
Intel Core i5 4690K
2x8GB DDR3-1866 G.Skill Ripjaws
EVGA GTX 680
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Corsair H100i (reused from previous PC) +4x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15's (D1225C12B5AP-15) in Push-Pull
Corsair RM650i
Corsair 750D (stock fans) + 2x Cougar CF-V12HB for bottom intake, and 1x NZXT FN-140RB for additional airflow to the GPU

DSCN3524.JPG

DSCN3519.JPG

Last edited:
To be honest they look dumb to me. Not to take anything away from the skill needed to perform these mods if you call it that. I prefer someone modding an actual case.

- - - Updated - - -

Di you make that psu shroud?

No didnt, it came with the Case , and sry for the Late responce

Friends don't let friends run stock coolers ;)

Nice clean build! Me likes! :thup:

Mine:

Attachments

• IMG_20160106_230233.jpg
    IMG_20160106_230233.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 296
You guys that run water and powerful SLI rigs always have my admiration. Computers are not my
primary avocation but close but they are becoming a distant second as I age. The toughest things
I'm finding to do now is connect those little TINY front panel wires to the right connectors. SLI and
water would drive me nuts, I already cursed enough putting this new one together! :rofl:

Neb, won't be a stock cooler for long thanks to Woomack:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Hz-dual-channel-memtest?p=7892844#post7892844

This one is on the way to try:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...3&cm_re=cryorig_c7-_-9SIA4UF39D5213-_-Product

Tossed in a new power supply and my 670, as well as a couple Noctuas on the CPU cooler. Figured I'd take some time to run a few cables the right way. Since the last time I posted in this thread it didn't go so well, I thought I'd give it another shot.

Before, with old PSU and 2600K:

2VUMWLPh.jpg

New 6700K system, with a PSU that has a CPU and motherboard power connector that can actually wrap behing the motherboard tray (barely...)

oOi7IR7h.jpg

Could be better and I'd probably do more when I upgrade the 670, but ok for now.

Back