• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no boot on my presario 4814

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harderclock

i recently got this compaq presario 4814 for free because it doesnt boot.i took of the side panel plugged it in and when i turned it on the m\b recieved power and the fans rotated for about 1 second and then died.this is all i can get out of it.any one have any suggestions on what the problem might be.
thanks in advance.

First thing I'd do is take out all the components and clean them up, then reinstall them: might be dirt buildup.

next most likely is ram or cpu dead

Try taking out your PSU and then sticking it in and seeing if it works..

If you can turn it on and the fans will run for 1sec means the mobo isn't dead and it's prob the PSU.

well i disassembled the whole computer and cleaned it up and its now working i botted up in safe mode to see if if there were more than 1 driver for the video and sure enough the registry is totally corrupt i have never seen so many drivers installed for 1 component the on board video must have been detected every time it was booted up there must have been 15 drivers for it and 25 for the monitor i got rid of them all and will reformat today i guess.

Back