• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freind's microphone wont record.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

My freind's microphone just plays whatever sounds it intakes right through the speakers, but none of the voice recording in windows or in Counter-Strike or other games like UT2004 works.

My microphone works fine for games and recording, but doesn't belch sound right back out through the speakers.

I had this happen to me once but I can't remember what I did to fix it. Is it some setting in windows we aren't seeing? Thanks! :cool:

Yes, you have to tell Windows what devices to use for recording and then select only one at a time. It dependes on what sound drivers you have as to how to do this. With say Creative, you go to the Creative Mixer and select Mic.

Hmm, so if the improper recording device is selected then it will just bypass the sound right through the speakers anyway? I would have thought it wouldn't do anything at all then, but then again, I know nothing about sound cards. Thanks for your suggestion! :cool:

Back