• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to pull the trigger...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
*EDIT*

I must have went back and searched for another monitor before comments I edited out

It looks like the amount of displayable colors is different and the 204BW consumes more power...the 205BW is probably just a model that should have been a revision

Last edited:
The 205 !!!

The 205 is an 8bit panel = 16.7 million colors

The 204 is 6bit panel = 16.2 million colors

sup rat i just ordered the SAMSUNG 205BW on friday i should be getting it tomorrow. Ill let ya know what i think of it :)

*Edit* Tomorrow meaning today :)

sup rat i got the monitor and soo far i really like it.
I played some q3 and it ran with r_customwidth and hight @ 1680x1050
and i wasn't getting any ghosting. Refresh rate isnt as agood as a crt but i plyed the same i always do. Need for speed most wanted looked great but i couldnt get it to 1680x1050. Im going to reinstall oblivion later today and see how that looks :)

spydeymon said:
sup rat i got the monitor and soo far i really like it.
I played some q3 and it ran with r_customwidth and hight @ 1680x1050
and i wasn't getting any ghosting. Refresh rate isnt as agood as a crt but i plyed the same i always do. Need for speed most wanted looked great but i couldnt get it to 1680x1050. Im going to reinstall oblivion later today and see how that looks :)

hey spydey I'm loving this monitor too ! now if I can just find an effective way to clean it lol, scared I will scratch it, did you ever find a way to get NFS to 1680x1050?

Back