• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OFFICIAL G80 THREAD] All G80 reviews, benchmarks and discussions go here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got my stacker in the mail.

Now I'm just waiting on the 8800gtx and E6600, etc. to stuff in it :p

This stuff is too expensive, but that's why we have Ebay! :)

I was just thinking....with the kind of numbers these things put out, a 30" Dell would now make a lot more sense as a display. Seems like these cards could do pretty well in it's native res....if not alone, then certainly in SLI.

(Clanger)(DOA) said:
quick somone buy 3 GTX's

Only if you're going to give 2 to me..

Some awesome results here anyway. Looks like it's gonna be a huge leap of an upgrade when I finally jump in.

I was just thinking, with all of this graphics power, couldn't physX (Or even NVidia's version) be a lot more feasible now?

The problem with them before was that they would create so many more particles to draw, that it would hinder the FPS. I mean I guess in ANY case it will do that, but now that there's a card that can run Oblvion maxed and still have awesome framerates, it seems like this could be a good pairing for physics processors to give us some more eye candy, and perhaps even more functionality? (BTW I hate the term "eye candy" ;))

jivetrky said:
I was just thinking, with all of this graphics power, couldn't physX (Or even NVidia's version) be a lot more feasible now?

The problem with them before was that they would create so many more particles to draw, that it would hinder the FPS. I mean I guess in ANY case it will do that, but now that there's a card that can run Oblvion maxed and still have awesome framerates, it seems like this could be a good pairing for physics processors to give us some more eye candy, and perhaps even more functionality? (BTW I hate the term "eye candy" ;))

Most likely not at least with PhysX. The GPU's have so much horsepower, now that physics processing within the GPU is the more likely senerio that will happen down the road. I think PhysX is a dead end road as game support, which is thin at best, will complelely dry up once physics processing is done on the GFX card. You won't have to contend with separate drivers either.

Viper

8800GTS

Okguys i'm new here and have been reading your posts on the 8800GTS. Iown two of these,although next week they will be replaced by two 8800GTXs.and the GTS'swill be going in my 2nd rig. My 1st run with the GTS's in SLI,I hit 14,458.That was with my X6800 OCed to 3.46. They seem to be highly overclockable,and very fast. I was really impressed with their performance as well as being problem free. I'm just hoping the GTX's are worth the price. Has anyone here ran two in SLi with a X6800,and if you did,what did you score in 3dmark6?

well, with one card that i have left (one died today) i ran 3dmark06 on one and it came out to 11425. When i get another card maybe next week, ill see what it'll give me.

Back