• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e6400 OC by GTac01

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
deathman20 said:
Dude cooling man. Before OCing anymore get better cooling.

Agreed,,, that's probably the problem. I am running 100% stable on stock air ATM, but that's because I don't game or run long benchmerks.

Also, be aware that TAT running 100% will over heat the best of air cooling. Run TAT at 80% to simulate constant gaming, large benchmarks, and torture tests.

bobad said:
Agreed,,, that's probably the problem. I am running 100% stable on stock air ATM, but that's because I don't game or run long benchmerks.

Also, be aware that TAT running 100% will over heat the best of air cooling. Run TAT at 80% to simulate constant gaming, large benchmarks, and torture tests.

Actually 80% on TAT is similar to running Orthos for hours. Now running it around 60% is what you'd probably normally see in games if that.

Mine might load around 56C but in a dual core game it might if lucky hit only 48C both cores (and they are running 90% and 80-90%). Idle is around 42-44C. Mind you this is Vista so idling temp is well really like 10% -15% load until I figure out how to tweak it some more.

i will get cooling, chill guys. my point is cpu score = 10800. i am happy with that. my 3dmark05 score = 9000, i am not happy with that.

i don't think you're getting what this dude is saying... he's asking why his scores for the video benchmark is so freaking low for a 7800gtx.... well all i have to say is video card is a whole other ball game.. just different bios tweak ect... the thing is there's so many manufacture for the same freaking card... they may all use the same GPU but the PCB and the ram will most likely be different... and u will get so many variation from different brand that's not even funny (these brand seems produce the product they "like" and not following the spec)... anyways just keep tweaking... and also some vid card sucks very bad for some reason (quality control isn't like CPU)...

anyways i've been wondering about this myself... i look at the stock intel CPU cooler and my big typhoon and the 120 ultra and the XP90... size wise i don't think they're much difference. but i still can't figure out why they can't cool for ****...

also my XP-90 (the regular ones) was getting 43C idle @ 3.6ghz & 1.3Vcore... so that pretty much showed why he's getting such high temp... i just swap it out with my big typhoon but i got no ram to test it :)... hopefully the big typhoon is better than the XP90

warlock110 said:
i don't think you're getting what this dude is saying... he's asking why his scores for the video benchmark is so freaking low for a 7800gtx.... well all i have to say is video card is a whole other ball game.. just different bios tweak ect... the thing is there's so many manufacture for the same freaking card... they may all use the same GPU but the PCB and the ram will most likely be different... and u will get so many variation from different brand that's not even funny (these brand seems produce the product they "like" and not following the spec)... anyways just keep tweaking... and also some vid card sucks very bad for some reason (quality control isn't like CPU)...

While his CPU score might be high when its testing that more heat might be added or might just take it to that level where it would start throttling itself. Really depends how sensitive his GPU is to heat or even the CPU to heat. If the CPU is throttling it will crap out the scores.

Wasn't thinking of this but have you checked your power supply? It could be an issue dropping voltage rails to unacceptable levels.

deathman20 said:
While his CPU score might be high when its testing that more heat might be added or might just take it to that level where it would start throttling itself. Really depends how sensitive his GPU is to heat or even the CPU to heat. If the CPU is throttling it will crap out the scores.

Wasn't thinking of this but have you checked your power supply? It could be an issue dropping voltage rails to unacceptable levels.

How do i know if my PSU is dropping it to unacceptable levels? Also, i left a little bit of info out... my gpu has no thermal paste whatsoever, no AS no nothing lol, its metal to metal. I just got some AS5 from ebay...

Back