• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Crosshair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On mine, I had to hit the lcd button on the side by the lcd and then I did a hard reset on the ps and turned it back on and everything worked...

Hi there jtec :welcome:
You are right, Antec 900 does not have a speaker, and it only comes with Pwr, RST, HDDLED wires.
I have the same MB (check my sig) as yours and had the same problem when I first set it up "CPU INI" on the back LCD monitor, and my screen says no signal, even though everything is connected and getting juice.
Though I'm not implying anything here, you must use the 8-pin mother/CPU connectors to get better stability, I'm sure you did it, I just want you to double check that.
As far as monitor not getting signal, keep pressing that power button on and off (Because the BIOS does not support the CPU (Late model AM2 Chips)) so just keep on pressing power on and off and believe me it will post.
After OS is installed, the MB; just install LAN drivers to get outside connection and Asus update to flash BIOS through the OS (The easiest way of flashing BIOS) then update BIOS to version 0502 or 0602 beta, and also update your MB drivers through Nvidia download page, because you may have SATA control issue.

Download MB Drivers here

And your new BIOS here Download BIOS and save it on your desktop then launch Asus Update and then select "update BIOS through a file" option.

This is before you OC anything or even install your programs. because you will have restart problems after OS is installed, you will have to hard-boot every time you wanna restart.
So there, don't sweat it, nothing is wrong with your MB, it's just an outdated BIOS.

Good Luck.

Cown said:
I'm having the same problem, mine just says CMOS ERROR instead, I get no boot screen or anything... Can it be that this board doesnt like corsair RAM?

The board loves Corsair, matter of fact its the only Modules people recommend for this board.

Good Luck.

-_{MoW}_-Assasi said:
Return that board and buy a better one

The Crosshair uses nForce 590 chipset which is a horrible overclocker :p

I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I just had to post in case someone else reads it. This is a common issue with people who don't read the manual. This exact problem happens if you don't press that little light button on the back of the mobo after adding new hardware. The manual explains better what to do, but I've seen lots of people ask this question and almost every time, it's because they didn't follow the instructions. Otherwise, it could simply be some kind of faulty hardware. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Back