• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my E6420 - A1??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knight3539

Okay, got my E6420 today. Here's what it says:

FPO/Batch: L709A170
Pack Date: 4/18/07

Ummm, okay. So what's the A1? Won't be able to OC it 'til next week when my PSU gets in.

L7 = year 2007
09 = week 9
A = "A stepping"
170 = batch #

E6420's are quite good OC'ers because they'r Conroes and not the slightly worse Allendales.

FPO/Batch: L709A170

The "A" in the batch code is not the stepping. It's just some sort of production code. The main thing is you have a week 9 of 2007. It should be a good overclocker.

pinx said:
Does anyone know yet how the new L7 steppings overclock?
I just got a L701C326 e6600 yesterday. I'm hoping to get everything put together this weekend, then start benching & overclocking after that.

They aren't steppings :bang head Sorry just a pet peeve of mine to call the batch codes steppings :p Iirc the letter is a production code like batboy said which notes the manufacturing location.

Well, to be technical, the first letter is the location code (L=Malaysia). The second number is the year (7=2007). The third and fourth numbers are the week (09=week 9).

batboy said:
Well, to be technical, the first letter is the location code (L=Malaysia). The second number is the year (7=2007). The third and fourth numbers are the week (09=week 9).

So my L646G523 was made in Nov. of 06?:confused:

Thanks batboy. Found this because it was bugging me to know what the 5th character is:
1st letter or digit = plant code (Malay)
0 = San Jose, Costa Rica
1 = Cavite, Philippines
3 = .............., Costa Rica
6 = Chandler, Arizona
7 = .........., Philippines
8 = Leixlip, Ireland
9 = Penang, Malaysia
L = ............, Malaysia
Q = ..........., Malaysia
R = Manila, Philippines
Y = Leixlip, Ireland

2nd digit = Year of production (2001)

3rd & 4th digits = week (49th week )

5th - 8th digits= lot number

It's part of the lot number then...not sure what that means exactly. Maybe which wafer it came from?

The week 46 of 2006 is Intel's fiscal year 2006 week 46. I don't remember exactly when their fiscal year begins, but I was thinking maybe February 1st?

Is there any store people seem to have the best luck with good steppings for the E6420? Looking to purchase one in the next couple days.

I just got mine today.E6420 L709A155 pack date 04/18/07. Its running [email protected](I just set it there havent tried lower yet) and DDR850 4-4-4-12 @2.15v.And im running Orthos as i write this.My temps are a bit high since my TMG i1 is only good for about 3.2ghz before temps get out of control.Ill grab a Coolit eliminator soon..lol

Attachments

• orthos.JPG
    orthos.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Back