• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading for DX10 etc..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BryanB

Registered
Hey, just wondering when you guys think is the best time to jump in for upcoming DX10 games and stuff, my comp right now plays what I need to an extent but nothing on Super High graphics. So I'm wondering with all these games like Crysis and Huxley coming out, and the Quad-Cores, when is the time to upgrade. I know if I wait for next thing forever, i'll never upgrade, but just wanted some opinions from you guys.

Also, any suggestions for a new comp would be great, like Mobo, cpu, video card.

Thanks, BryanB

Edit: sry if this is wrong forum for a question like this, just thought it sort of fit :S

I would say at least wait for a couple of DX10 games to come out. That way the prices will have gone down even further and you'll get more for your money. Besides the raw speed for DX9 games, there's really no reason to upgrade right now because there's no games out there for DX10. (and since you said you can handle your system for now)

EDIT: and I reckon a thread like this would probably go in the "Display and Sound Technology > General GPU" subforum.

yea I'd wait at least 6 to 9 months for some more games to come out supporting it, I read a review of a game coming out with both dx9 and 10 and the 10 had minor visual upgrades but ran a lot slower in dx10. Untill games are better optimized and make better use of dx10 it's not worth upgrading... by that time dx10 video cards will be much cheaper and better.

Thanks for replies, I was gonna wait for a few games to come out, to see if there playable on what I have before I upgraded anyway. So yea, guess more waiting for me.

Back