• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel C2Q Q6600 w/ G0 stepping (CPUID 06FB, sSpec SLACR)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shirker

where will you be getting your hands on one? i used to debate whether to get an e6850 or q6600, but the new G0 stepping on both CPUs clinched the quad-core deal, with lower power consumption and cooler temps (not to mention the 1333mhz fsb mod as well..)

i've been looking at various e-tailers that currently sell Intel Q6600 processors, but practically none of them list the key details (that an enthusiast would want), like the cpu stepping. i don't really blame them, it's hard to check your stock to see what you have, but in a months time, i'd like to be able to find a place that has the new G0 Q6600s in stock.

does anyone have any suggestions as to where to get an Intel Q6600 with the new G0 stepping when they come out? (who knows how long it would take for them to "trickle through the retail chain" :()

for starters, i know tankguys is allowing pre-orders for the new G0 stepping quad-cores.

where else could you find it, and be able to find out the detailed specs? :confused:

Most likely no one will have till its officially released to the public, so at least a month from now.
A pre-order is a pre-order, doesnt mean theyll have it the day it comes out.

uglychild said:
Most likely no one will have till its officially released to the public, so at least a month from now.
A pre-order is a pre-order, doesnt mean theyll have it the day it comes out.
think (or look, in this case) before you speak. ;) you're placing a pre-order, or more like a small deposit, to ensure that you can get your hands on a G0 q6600. the owner of the site will be checking the Q6600s he gets to make sure its G0, and thats what you're pre-ordering. see here for more info (not sure if this allowed) http://www.tankguys.biz/product_info.php?products_id=1712
edit: just took a gander at the rules, and it seems like advertising isn't allowed. i'm in no way affiliated with that site at all, just trying to help out others like myself get their hands on the new G0 Q6600, but mods, if you feel like this is a violation of the rules let me know, i don't wanna push my luck

stratcat said:
The sSpec is SLACR???
yes, that's what it should turn out to be. "slacr" is also quite fitting for me, considering what this username means :p

Last edited:
Back