• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing 'My Computer' icon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrOOBiLL

I ran a theme using themeXP yesterday, and it changed the icons of My Computer, My Network Places etc. Now for most folders/files, i know you can just right click and go to propeties and change the icon in there, but for the above folders, when you go to propeties, they have special stuff, like for my computer: crap about your comp. And nowhere to change what the icon looks like! :eek: So now im feeling all depressed because my My Computer icon looks like an apple G4!!!! Oh god no!!!! Help me please!!!!!

If you are using Windows XP (I think its the same for other windows too), right click on desktop, choose properties, then choose the desktop tab, then at the bottom there is a button for "customize desktop" click it, then you will see where you can "change" the icons or restore the "defaults". Hope this helped. :)

Back