• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

q6600 dry ice [email protected]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toddm27

q6600 100% overclock on dry ice

q6600 go stepping L724a639
1.6v
dry ice pot by Duniek
p5k vanilla vdimm, vcore, and pll modded
2gb pc8500 ballistix

1m run
1mcopyjc1.jpg

32m run
32moq7.jpg

pifast

pifastbt5.jpg

cpuz shot@4818

cpuzzg2.jpg

Last edited:
Did you do anything to the northbridge? what are the temps (NB temps too)?

535fsb ... good lord lol

Nice clocks on that Q6600. Makes me even more eager to get that thing under the cold. I get mine tomorrow and am ready for some dice action myself. :D

nice results :beer:

I was a little shocked because you posted 1.6V but in cpuz I see it is really 1.67V. That would have been a crazy golden chip for sure :D What voltage did you run through the NB to reach that FSB?

northbridge has a fan on stock sink, never bothered checking temps while benching, but in bios show around 30c, and volts were 1.6v actual measured with multimeter, cpu-z isn't reading right, and with this chip, it's def fsb limited :(, but I won't gripe too much :D, and nb volts are max for the board, I think 1.7 :shrug:

Nice Todd, I'm kinda amazed you did this on the Vanilla without blowing any caps, maybe it was user error in the other cases? :D

Thats for sure a nice Q6600 you got your hands on, how much PLL are you givning it? I will be trying to catch up in the next couple of weeks with mine :)

Back