• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e6850 dry ice run 1m 9.953s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toddm27

ok guys this is my 2nd dry ice run, first one went with my x6800 that didn't do quite as well as this jewel, and to be honest I think I just started hitting a fsb wall with this chip

the specs
asus p5k vanilla vcore, vdimm and vdroop modded
e6850 L719B014
vcore 1.72v
vdimm 2.4v
2gb ballistix pc8500@ 1:1 4-4-4-8
dual 2900xt sapphire cards, stock for dual card benchs
silverstone olympia 1000 power supply

1m run at 5075 :D

1mcropnw3.jpg

32m run

32mkx3.jpg

aquamark scores
dual cards
aq2cardsix5.jpg

single card

aq1cardhd2.jpg

05 dual cards

05lodcropmt6.jpg

single card

single05uz2.jpg

01 dual card

01modkx4.jpg

01 single card

01singlezl2.jpg

unfortunatly I didn't do any orb links so some of these don't count, oh well, that just gives me a reason to redo them next weekend:D, and I started getting some instability after pulling the 2nd card, about 5 hours into the bench, so I may be able to do better anyway

Last edited:
Congrats sir. If I don't get the Q6600 I do intend to get one of those.

But first... 2 gigs of ram. :beer:

i only just got my quad on the weekend, and at stock speed its quick. I run it at 3ghz atm and its bloody quick. But running at duel core at 5GHZ!!! holly crap!

Nice job todd! I am going to put mine on DI next weekend and I hope it does as well as yours. I think I either need to switch to DDR3 or get some faster DDR2 this week because either the mem or the NB are holding me up big time.

What cooling did you use on the NB and what Vmch? My 1.95V setting doesn't work on the P5K Prem, so I've been stuck at the 1.80V setting. I did the Vc mod so I can run >1.66 when the time comes, but it looks like I am going to need to do the Vmch (and I guess Vddr :( ) to light mine up.

Did you happen to try the 8x multi yours? 9x walls on me at 555FSB, but 8x goes all the way 600FSB and for some reason, seems a bit more stable. It really seems to me that the NB is the problem at 9x and the mem is a problem at 8x :shrug:

When I was running 32M today, I was thinking to myself that I could remember not so long ago when I could start the run and go watch a sitcom in the time it took :) Congrats on the sub-10s 1M! 9m 32M is going to be sweet.

Really nice benching Todd! These cheap boards are fun to play with, especially when they are as good as this one :p

Holy...I know you did a lot of mods to the mobo but dayummm that's sweet for a board that's supposed to be the lowend of the range! What kind of extra cooling did you have for the mobo?

Great clocks! Any pics of the tubes or was it cooling acetone in a loop? Very impressive either way, when I get my new rig (could be a while :p) i'll definately be joining the benching team and may even have to get a dry ice/ln2 pot :D

Ross said:
Nice job todd! I am going to put mine on DI next weekend and I hope it does as well as yours. I think I either need to switch to DDR3 or get some faster DDR2 this week because either the mem or the NB are holding me up big time.

What cooling did you use on the NB and what Vmch? My 1.95V setting doesn't work on the P5K Prem, so I've been stuck at the 1.80V setting. I did the Vc mod so I can run >1.66 when the time comes, but it looks like I am going to need to do the Vmch (and I guess Vddr :( ) to light mine up.

Did you happen to try the 8x multi yours? 9x walls on me at 555FSB, but 8x goes all the way 600FSB and for some reason, seems a bit more stable. It really seems to me that the NB is the problem at 9x and the mem is a problem at 8x :shrug:

When I was running 32M today, I was thinking to myself that I could remember not so long ago when I could start the run and go watch a sitcom in the time it took :) Congrats on the sub-10s 1M! 9m 32M is going to be sweet.
well vmch was at boards max, I think 1.7, but I'm not positive, stock cooling on the northbridge with a tim change, next weekend it's gonna have my mcx159 on it though
El<(')>Maxi said:
Really nice benching Todd! These cheap boards are fun to play with, especially when they are as good as this one :p
:D especially when it's an 80 refurb, and clocks like this one:beer:

thanks for all the kind words guys

Denbob99 said:
Great clocks! Any pics of the tubes or was it cooling acetone in a loop? Very impressive either way, when I get my new rig (could be a while :p) i'll definately be joining the benching team and may even have to get a dry ice/ln2 pot :D

no I didn't get any pics, and it was done with a dry ice tube by duniek, copper base/aluminum tube

Back