• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to get stickers off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4od

Anyone know a good way to get a Windows Vista sticker off a laptop without leaving any residue or scratching up the laptop?

Laptop in question is a Lenovo X61

Heat the sticker slightly by rubbing it or with a hairdryer on low heat, then peel the sticker away, any residue can be removed with some elbow grease and a dry cloth or a small ammount of something containing alcohol e.g. Aftershave, do not try using Acetone, My mistake now I have a nicely melted crease mark down the fron of my case :D.

Buy a can of Goop or Gojo. Just pull the sticker off, then get a rag with some of that goop on there and rub the glue off.

I too hate them ugly factory logo stickers on my laptops..I remove them right when I get it. But I do leave the CPU sticker on if its a major brand like a core 2 duo

I applied heat to the M$ sticker, used whats left of my finger nail to pill the 4 sides and lightly pilled it off and used goo gone with a rag and then I took a dust cloth to clean whatever if left..Looks like a sticker was never there!

Back