• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD drives not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

I installed a new Cd burner everything was going okay i wanted to change the driver for the burner tho cause it wasn't the latest one or sumthin i can't remember now... anyway now i can't use my burner or regular cd both aren't showing up in my computer and ive tried everything.. when i go into system their there with a ! next to them, i uninstalled them, restart, says its installing new hardware needs to restart, restart, then nothing their still not their.. hope sombody can help me of else im gonna format.. ugh i have soooo much to replace i don't wanna do that..

Make sure that your connections are all ok, red stripe at pin 1, and all master and slave jumpers are correct. This

When you got to look at properties when they have the "!" by them, what does it say? device conflict? resource problem?

this is what it says in properties on both of them

"Your registry might be corrupted. (Code 19)"

im running w2k pro....

arrr stupid thing....

think it can be fixed without a format???

Back