• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual core orthos failing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

striker85

I got my opty 170 and im trying to get it overclocked. I have it at 2.9 at 1.45v right now. Memory is rock solid and HT is at 3x. but when i try to run orthos, it fails. if i run it on a single core, 1 or 0, its fine. but when i run a single instance on 1 and 0 simultaneously core 1 always fails after 2 seconds. is it just the limit for my cpu or is there something i can do?

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the ram (i think). My ram could run memtest for 12 hours + at 230 but when i try to run orthos with the ram at 230 and the cpu over clocked i got error within a couple seconds. i cant run ram at over 225 in windows. If the bump the ram down and keep the cpu the same it is rock solid

could be your memory, but u could of maxed out your bad core.

bad core as in the weak one.

i have the same problem, i can post up to 3.1ghz on my opteron 165
but core 1 is not stable. fails. core 0 no problems

but yeah max out ur memory test it. then work u core. and make sure ur HT is never passed 1000.

could be your memory, but u could of maxed out your bad core.

bad core as in the weak one.

i have the same problem, i can post up to 3.1ghz on my opteron 165
but core 1 is not stable. fails. core 0 no problems

but yeah max out ur memory test it. then work u core. and make sure ur HT is never passed 1000.

i can say, i have the same problem, running my fx60 at 2.9 (223 x 13) 4x HT, and 1.425v, i had core 1 fail orthos after 10 mins while running the blend test. and failed on core 1 after 20 mins while just testing small ffts, i think mine might be due to heat tho.. coretemp showed core 1 hit about 52-55C, the other one is running around 45-49C. was thinking of picking up some IC7 diamond n remounting :D

i can say, i have the same problem, running my fx60 at 2.9 (223 x 13) 4x HT, and 1.425v, i had core 1 fail orthos after 10 mins while running the blend test. and failed on core 1 after 20 mins while just testing small ffts, i think mine might be due to heat tho.. coretemp showed core 1 hit about 52-55C, the other one is running around 45-49C. was thinking of picking up some IC7 diamond n remounting :D
55c will not shut the core down

Back