• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-6OXET-C vs. Abit ST6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have to say, so far this board is nothing but trouble for me:( Max Vcore is 1.8, which is not enough for my 800eb, and sometimes after reset, the screen just went blank, so i have to shut it down completely in order for it work again.... but other than it, it is a fast and stable board. Have not tried those PLL function yet, will after this post.

Vid pinning fixes the resetting problem as it does on many boards....Read my other posts as to the reason why. Any other problems PM me....Can't see the problem with vid pinning as St-6 and TUSL2-C (with a Tualatin based chip) owners do it all the time and it isn't terribly difficult....

Fast....The memory bandwidth is allmost right up there with the BX boards. I've had many Gigabyte users PM me in regards to the fantastic memory bandwidth as they've noticed it as well....

In regards to the maximum vcore....Once again, it's a Tualatin compatible board, the new VRM spec will only allow a maximum of 1.825 volts. And with my XET (not XET-C) I get a maximum of 1.825 volts with my Tualatin based chip. If you need more get an older 815EP mobo (not 815EP 'b' step).

Last edited:
right on flu!d.....i love my XET-C, for it can compete with my old BX board...so fast...:D I am in the process of selling my 800eb, so it does not matter how far i can OC it, just hope my PIII can bring me to 1.5~6 range.

???? C1.0A should have overclocked much better than it did. ****This is still an unknown until that CPU is run in a different board****EDIT. This is not the fault of the GA6OXET. I now see another person with similar results with an ST6

And yet when I stated that this was the case I was basically rediculed and told that I didn't know what I was on about?! Of course the 1.0 ghz Tualatins are gonna be the poorer quality of the yeild....Especially considering that, at .13 micron FAB there is going to be a lot more chips per wafer....

Man, i though i solved the reboot problem, (i.e. after select shut down, the computer starts up by itself) by flashing to F9, but somehow it came back!! i have no idea why is such, i mean everything was working fine at this morning, and then **** happens:(

You've gotta vid pin it man! The board is trying to initally 'fire up' on the default vcore of the chip (1.475 volts) and bumping the voltage up to your user defined settings at the bios post screen....It 'seems' like a problem present on the 815EP chipset in general.

Let me guess....Your chip won't do much at all at it's current speed at default voltage....Right? Well you can't really expect it to post reliably due to the abovementioned reason can you?

Don't worry....You have to vidpin on pretty much all 815EP 'b' step mobo's when they're really pushing the chip anyway.:)

Have fun dude!

Flu!d, my problem is that i cannot shut down my computer instead of cool/warm boot..:) Anyway, i am not using a Tualatin type of chip, so my problem has nothing to do with lower volt before post. uh.....have u guys tried to oc by using the Easy Tune? I think it is the key to solve the low volt problem without via pin, for ET works AFTER one loads into the windows. However, the only problem i can think of using the device is that does it support 1/5 or 1/6 dividers (after set it in bios of course) somebody please gives it a try!!!

The problem is not .18 or .13 (cumine or Tualatin) specific....It happens on both chips and vid pinning is most likely the cure for your problem. The easy tune III utility probably would fix the problem without vid pinning (didn't think of that!), don't know about the dividers though. Why don't 'you' give it a go and tell us the results!:)

I've tinkered with easytune III (after downloading it from Gigabyte... the version that shipped with my board said it wasn't compatible with my board). I can't say this definatively, but I believe that whatever settings you have in the bios are preserved, and it only changes your FSB. I have a 100mhz fsb chip, so to run at 133 I need to use the pll settings to have a usable pci speed. Also, I can get to 987mhz for a brief period (but not ultimately stable) if I up my mem voltage. Putting my system at a lower speed in the bios, then using easytune, I was able to get to these speeds that would not have been possible if it had reverted back to some default pci multiplier & mem voltage.

dscline: yeah, i have noticed the same thing--everything in ur bios will be saved, and fsb will be changed only after windows is loaded..:D So one can jack up the vcore above 1.6 in the bios, and set fsb to 100, then use ET to change fsb to whatever u desired without the worry of sudden drop of volt at the beginning! What is more promising is that those 1/5, 1/6 dividers WILL work with ET, so no more via pin no more, just kiss them goodbye everyone:D Honestly, if not of this "cannot-shut" problem, it is the most delighful mobo in my opinion. I will get my hands on a ST6 soon, if not, TUSL2-C, just to compare. oh by the way, does TUSL2-C support 1/5 dividers?

The only thing I'll add is that when you install easytune, it sets itself up to automatically load & run in the systray at start-up. I have several programs that do that, and out of all of them easytune was the only one that Sisoft Sandra bitched about taking up a large amount of resources. I disabled it, since I don't really need it (I'm currently on a coppermine that runs fine at lower voltages). I didn't look to see how many resources it was using, but you may want to check.

VID PIN THE CHIP to fix the resetting problem....You'll have to do it on the St-6 anyway....

6502 kid....The resetting problem only happens on chips that require a higher than normal vcore in order to post at their overclocked speed....I'd say you've got a cracker of a chip there!

UPS just delivered my new board.........I ordered, and billing
info states XET-C. The board and manual state XET rev 1.0.
This board has onboard sound.....Wassup.....I guess my first
stop should have been the Gigabyte site. Is the XET-C known
to come with onboard sound?

Yes, it comes with the standard ac97 sound. the XET (no c) comes with a creative chip.

If it has 1 bios chip it is the XET-C not the XET....

They are all revision 1.0.

Back