• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop questions. First time owner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC101

It's the first laptop I have ever owned. So excuse me if I sound like a noob.

1. Is it just mine or,
laptops DVD drives won't open fully by themselves?

When I press the button to open it, it only opens by 1 inch, and require me to pull it fully open with fingers. It also need me to push it back in.

2. When the battery is charged fully, should I remove it or just leave it there? Would it become "overcharged" or at least kept on trying to charge which would damage or shorten its life?

3. Should I remove the battery when the laptop is turned off? (for the good of the battery of course).

4. Truelife.
Anyone could shave in front of it?

It's the first laptop I have ever owned. So excuse me if I sound like a noob.

1. Is it just mine or,
laptops DVD drives won't open fully by themselves?

When I press the button to open it, it only opens by 1 inch, and require me to pull it fully open with fingers. It also need me to push it back in.

2. When the battery is charged fully, should I remove it or just leave it there? Would it become "overcharged" or at least kept on trying to charge which would damage or shorten its life?

3. Should I remove the battery when the laptop is turned off?

4. Truelife.
Anyone could shave in front of it?
1. They only pop open

2. You are supposed to if it will be plugged in for a long time. Never understood that since all newer laptops completely bypass the battery when fully charged. Plus, my battery has one of the legs on it...can't remove it without it being tippy.

3. No reason to

4. LOL, no doubt. I hate it on my laptop. Any light in the background makes it glare horribly. If I ever needed it to see the assassin behind me, its perfect. Fortunetely, he hides in the closet most of the time.

Back