• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Night44

Registered
Is this laptop any good? I play WOW, Farcry6, Ark Survival, Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto V, and others. Can I play AAA games on this laptop? Will it last me for a while before needing to upgrade? I know you can't upgrade the CPU or GPU. I could get it to 1,047.00 before tax.
Thanks

Thanks. I can do that later. All the money I have to spend. Will the GPU and CPU be good for a while?

Definitely for awhile. Who knows what new games are going to require in 2-3 years though

Is this laptop any good? I play WOW, Farcry6, Ark Survival, Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto V, and others. Can I play AAA games on this laptop? Will it last me for a while before needing to upgrade? I know you can't upgrade the CPU or GPU. I could get it to 1,047.00 before tax.
Thanks
Sure thing! To determine if the laptop suits your gaming needs, please provide its specifications or model. Look for a strong GPU, capable CPU, and good cooling. Technology advances, so keep future game requirements in mind

I run a 3060 in my current laptop and it still handles AAA titles just fine so I'm sure that 4060 will be fine for a couple years at least. As said above it doesn't max everything out but at settings above mid level but not maxed I get 60-100 fps depending on game.

One thing to be aware of though is the the fan noise. Just regular usage mine is almost silent but when gaming it does get pretty loud.

Sure thing! To determine if the laptop suits your gaming needs, please provide its specifications or model. Look for a strong GPU, capable CPU, and good cooling. Technology advances, so keep future game requirements in mind
I put a link in my comment.
Post magically merged:

I run a 3060 in my current laptop and it still handles AAA titles just fine so I'm sure that 4060 will be fine for a couple years at least. As said above it doesn't max everything out but at settings above mid level but not maxed I get 60-100 fps depending on game.

One thing to be aware of though is the the fan noise. Just regular usage mine is almost silent but when gaming it does get pretty loud.

Just be aware that the GPU is not the same as the desktop version, in addition to running on substantially lower power. Consider reviews for more specific details. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-4070-4060-4050-mobile-benchmarks-die-sizes. Not to say that the mobile 4060 is bad, but if you are looking to run full resolution at 165 fps, you might need a little more grunt.

Just be aware that the GPU is not the same as the desktop version, in addition to running on substantially lower power. Consider reviews for more specific details. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-4070-4060-4050-mobile-benchmarks-die-sizes. Not to say that the mobile 4060 is bad, but if you are looking to run full resolution at 165 fps, you might need a little more grunt.
Thanks. I'm aware that the gpus are not the same as desktop. I'm still running an RX 480 4 GB in my mine. The GPU and case are the last two things I need to upgrade. Probably won't be doing that for a while.

My portable workstation/gaming laptop is a 2014 Alienware 17 with and i7 4930mx and a GTX 1070 mxm. It is just barely playable with a handful of AAA titles at 1080P, minus CoD MW2. It's playable, but textures are not very pleasant. Oh, and Cyberpunk 2077 is around 30fps at lowest settings as well. Battlefield 2042 is 55-65 fps, but I believe that is mostly CPU limited.

if my 9 year old laptop can get this close to it, I would think any modern Ryzen 7 with a 40 series RTX card could make AAA titles playable with some reduced settings.

Back