• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Been a while...... but I have an SLI/Dual-Monitor question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WejRepus

Been a long while since I have even lurked here, but I have a question about a PC build I was about to work on:

I am planning on running 2x BFG 8800GTX OC2 cards on a eVGA nForce 780i motherboard. What I would like to do, ideally, is have them set up for SLI, but have 1 monitor plugged into each card. When I am working, surfing the net, watching movies I will use both monitors, each being run by a separate card. Then, when I fire up a game, I would turn on SLI and disable the second monitor, then use both cards to power the 1 screen.

Can it work that way? or would I have to power down, unplug the second screen, open up the case, put on the SLI bridge, and then power back up in order to switch?

Check out THIS post. If you pick up a cheap video card, Theorie has a awesome writeup on how to do SLI + multi monitor. Seems to work well for him (search for his latest build and / or workstation).

Back