• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crysis problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No one has asked him what his framerates are. He is probably expecting more than the 8600 gt will give. And a 4ghz Core 2 duo is certainly more than just "okay". 3ghz is very fast for most games. His cpu is slower than core 2 duos but I don't think it's the major bottleneck here.
True.

@whiteshark: It would be helpful to know exactly what settings and resolution you are running and what kind of framerates you are getting. Also, if you could tell us what settings you want to run at and what kind of performance you would like to have, we can make recommendations based on that.

True.

@whiteshark: It would be helpful to know exactly what settings and resolution you are running and what kind of framerates you are getting. Also, if you could tell us what settings you want to run at and what kind of performance you would like to have, we can make recommendations based on that.

resolution is 1028 X 768, but i have tried other resolution and nothing is changed, everything got worse. when l play this game i fell like i am playing on pentium 3 of something, it may sound funny but it is something like that. i can play COD4 on medium very well, but crysis no.

Crysis was playable for me on an 8600GT. Not on high settings, but it worked OK at 1024x768.

His processor is fine. That system would without a doubt benefit more from a new video card rather than a new processor, at least for gaming.

I play on 1024x768 on my box, specs are below. Do you have anything like a virus scanner or background programs that could be slowing down your system? Disk I/O can also play havoc on game performance as well...

Isn't th E2xxx series better than a E4xxx CPU? My Frame rates seem to sit between 30-50, it's not so bad.

hej guys i have fixed the problem, i set my options in nvidia control panel to performance, and in the game options i have set everything to low, and i have overclocked my processor from 1,80 to 2,20 GHZ. Now i can play crysis, but its not real gaming, i see that my problem is in nvidia 8600gt, which is not powerfull enough to run crysis right. So i decided to buy a new graficks card, and i think it s gona be nvidia 8800gt or ati radeon 3850/3870. Still i m gona think obout it. thanks to all

A Core2Duo at 4 ghz is the new "okay"? That's a weird statement, I would rather call it overkill. As I said, processors are way ahead of other hardware when it comes to game requirements.

You didn't name any games that couldn't run on his friends computer because of the CPU...

Sometime there will be games that demand more than the current processors, yes. So why not upgrade to a new processor when that time comes, because today we can't say what the requirements will be in the future.
The future-proof argument is quite valid when buying a new computer, but in this case he already has a processor that's okay at the moment.

This is off-topic anyway. We're talking his problems with Crysis.

Which he CAN'T PLAY right now other than at the lowest possible settings... which means we're ON topic.

I tried playing Crysis on a 8600GTS 512mb which is a lil bit better then his card and I found it to be unplayable except on low settings, I think people saying the 8600GT can play it must have really low standards as to what "playable" is. If I am not getting 40FPS+ it feels like a slideshow to me.
Ofcourse I was also playing at a much higher resolution as my LCD's native resolution was 1680x1050 or something like that at the time.

On my 24" LCD with a native resolution of 1920x1200 Crysis is hardly playable on a 8800GT 512 on anything but med settings.

hej guys i have fixed the problem, i set my options in nvidia control panel to performance, and in the game options i have set everything to low, and i have overclocked my processor from 1,80 to 2,20 GHZ. Now i can play crysis, but its not real gaming, i see that my problem is in nvidia 8600gt, which is not powerfull enough to run crysis right. So i decided to buy a new graficks card, and i think it s gona be nvidia 8800gt or ati radeon 3850/3870. Still i m gona think obout it. thanks to all
Glad you got it fixed but there has to be something wrong there. My laptop with the same graphics card as you (well slightly worse)can play it at medium at a similar resolution. I'm not convinced that the problem will be solved by trading your card for a better one (though it might fix it, I dunno).
I tried playing Crysis on a 8600GTS 512mb which is a lil bit better then his card and I found it to be unplayable except on low settings, I think people saying the 8600GT can play it must have really low standards as to what "playable" is. If I am not getting 40FPS+ it feels like a slideshow to me.
Ofcourse I was also playing at a much higher resolution as my LCD's native resolution was 1680x1050 or something like that at the time.

On my 24" LCD with a native resolution of 1920x1200 Crysis is hardly playable on a 8800GT 512 on anything but med settings.

I'm talking above 30 FPS for my 8600M GT, I don't have low standards than you. The difference is the resolution obviously, this card can play crysis with medium settings at 1280x800 at a very playable 30-35 fps

You didnt tell us what OS you were using

Because I can run medium high with decent frames in XP, but in Vista, it jolts, even on the lowest settings

Thats a good point. If its Vista, go into the games explorer, right click on the Icon, and click DX9. That would make it run much better.

If it was me I would make sure all drivers on my comp were updated, run a few virus scans, defrag a couple of times before I went out and spent money. Granted your not gonna get the performance of an 8800gt, but if that card can run your other games pretty well then whats the point. IMO crysis isnt worth upgrading your machine if the gameplay stinks. But its all up to you. Pretty graphics only goes so far

If it was me I would make sure all drivers on my comp were updated, run a few virus scans, defrag a couple of times before I went out and spent money. Granted your not gonna get the performance of an 8800gt, but if that card can run your other games pretty well then whats the point. IMO crysis isnt worth upgrading your machine if the gameplay stinks. But its all up to you

Buty that would mean that other games would be bogged down.

Buty that would mean that other games would be bogged down.

That is valid but consider that we still do not know that much about his system. Even so, it is all stuff that he can do for free.

@whiteshark: Could you please spell out for us your whole system details?

It would help to know which mobo you have (in case we have to help you pick out a new proc), what drivers you have (have you tried omega drivers for you graphics card?), what if any RAID array you have, what other games you have tried (have you got bioshock?) and any other info that you think might be relevant?

Back