• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crysis problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it was me I would make sure all drivers on my comp were updated, run a few virus scans, defrag a couple of times before I went out and spent money. Granted your not gonna get the performance of an 8800gt, but if that card can run your other games pretty well then whats the point. IMO crysis isnt worth upgrading your machine if the gameplay stinks. But its all up to you. Pretty graphics only goes so far

it s no use to upgrade drivers again, a few days ago i have instaled fresh windows xp, all drivers are allready upgraded

Buty that would mean that other games would be bogged down.

im not sure if i agree. I can play cod4 pretty well on max settings with aa, but on crysis I only get around 25-30 fps on high settings @ 1680x1050.

But if you want to upgrade your comp anyway who cares just do it.

That is valid but consider that we still do not know that much about his system. Even so, it is all stuff that he can do for free.

@whiteshark: Could you please spell out for us your whole system details?

It would help to know which mobo you have (in case we have to help you pick out a new proc), what drivers you have (have you tried omega drivers for you graphics card?), what if any RAID array you have, what other games you have tried (have you got bioshock?) and any other info that you think might be relevant?

my sistem : INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CORE E2160, ASUS P5KPL, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600GT 512 MB, 2 GB SINGLE SLOT DDR 800 - KINGMAX,HDD 120GB S-ATA2, POWER 400W.
I HAVE PLAYED COD4 ON MEDIUM AND ITS VERY GOOD PERFORMANCE.

my sistem : INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CORE E2160, ASUS P5KPL, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600GT 512 MB, 2 GB SINGLE SLOT DDR 800 - KINGMAX,HDD 120GB S-ATA2, POWER 400W.
I HAVE PLAYED COD4 ON MEDIUM AND ITS VERY GOOD PERFORMANCE.

Consider dropping ~$130 on an 8800GT :santa:

Which he CAN'T PLAY right now other than at the lowest possible settings... which means we're ON topic.

That hasn't got anything to do with the processor...

I am still a bit sceptical whether single-slot RAM really is good enough. Shouldn't 2048 mb single-slot be half as fast as 2x1024?
Mind you, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to RAM, I just think it sounds logical.

Last edited:
Consider dropping ~$130 on an 8800GT :santa:

Video cards are so cheap now (compared to what I... well not me... I got my card cheap... but compared to the 400 bucks MOST people paid for their GTS and GTXes)

That's why I say it's such a good time to upgrade. Who knows when they'll jack up the price again?

the fact he is not running in dual channel performance mode is killing him..

run some memory scores in sandra or everest on that machine.....

the fact he is not running in dual channel performance mode is killing him..

run some memory scores in sandra or everest on that machine.....

I don't think it would make THAT big a difference. When I got my ram back from RMA i accidentally had it running in single channel mode... while playing Crysis... but it wasn't like the performance was CRIPPLED or anything...

i just heard one man is playing crysis on 8600gt, and AMD athlon 4000+. With no problems for dual slot or single slot memory, he is playing crysis on medium and high very well, i am getting suspicious that intel is bad for gaming, and that AMD is best for games.
That means that i have made a mistake by selling my amd sistem and buying this crap of intel. What do you say???

i just heard one man is playing crysis on 8600gt, and AMD athlon 4000+. With no problems for dual slot or single slot memory, he is playing crysis on medium and high very well, i am getting suspicious that intel is bad for gaming, and that AMD is best for games.
That means that i have made a mistake by selling my amd sistem and buying this crap of intel. What do you say???

Hogwash. My AMD's are not nearly as good as my Intels and thats a fact. The intels are much faster clock for clock.

I don't know what the issue is, but I'd recomend reinstalling windows to see if its the drivers.

Hogwash. My AMD's are not nearly as good as my Intels and thats a fact. The intels are much faster clock for clock.

I don't know what the issue is, but I'd recomend reinstalling windows to see if its the drivers.

but what about amd s hiper transport and direkt memory acess controler, tell me please is intel e2160 better than the AMD athlon 4400+.
i had sistem with AMD athlon 4400+, asus m2n, 2 gb ddr800, nvidia 8600gt,
and now i have intel e2160, asus p5kpl,2gb ddr800, nvidia 8600gt wich is better???

but what about amd s hiper transport and direkt memory acess controler, tell me please is intel e2160 better than the AMD athlon 4400+.
i had sistem with AMD athlon 4400+, asus m2n, 2 gb ddr800, nvidia 8600gt,
and now i have intel e2160, asus p5kpl,2gb ddr800, nvidia 8600gt wich is better???

I don't know how much better it would be, but my 4400+ as more trouble playing Crysis than my e4500 at stock for sure, and the e4500 is a cheap proc.

Yes they have HT and all that but you still get more performance (generally) out of a chip clocked the same with intel.

Can you give us a screenshot of the memory tab and cpu tab of cpu-z? Might shed some light.

I don't know how much better it would be, but my 4400+ as more trouble playing Crysis than my e4500 at stock for sure, and the e4500 is a cheap proc.

Yes they have HT and all that but you still get more performance (generally) out of a chip clocked the same with intel.

Can you give us a screenshot of the memory tab and cpu tab of cpu-z? Might shed some light.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 46
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 47
Single channel kills memory bandwidth. You would get a big increase by using dual channel.
This would only usually cause stuttering, or bus floods. When I had a bandwidth problem on UT2k4, my mouse would stop working on me, but the game would still be fine. It wouldn't make it really slow, just choppy.
what is that, l dont know what is that....:confused:
It's brand is "Power"? Who makes your PSU?

How much other stuff is loaded and running on your OS when you play? You can try shutting down superfluous programs (virus scanner, steam, Internet explorer). I noticed a HUGE difference between 2 Gb of ram and 4 Gb of ram, so I bet if you have a lot of processes eating up the ram that you do have it wouldn't help matters.

I'm not saying it's the answer but it should help some.

And also do what malphine wallis suggested and selectively turn down the settings until you find out which one is causing grief. Or if you don't have the patience for that turn them all down.

Edit:
lol I didn't even see page two.

Your PSU is your power supply. You said it was 400 Watts. Who makes it?

Last edited:
How much other stuff is loaded and running on your OS when you play? You can try shutting down superfluous programs (virus scanner, steam, Internet explorer). I noticed a HUGE difference between 2 Gb of ram and 4 Gb of ram, so I bet if you have a lot of processes eating up the ram that you do have it wouldn't help matters.

I'm not saying it's the answer but it should help some.

And also do what malphine wallis suggested and selectively turn down the settings until you find out which one is causing grief. Or if you don't have the patience for that turn them all down.

Edit:
lol I didn't even see page two.

Your PSU is your power supply. You said it was 400 Watts. Who makes it?

MSI made my power supply

Back