• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is Easytune a program that has to be on to use settings, or once you set them they always boot at those settings? I usually use BIOS because I feel like it's safer.

hmm how did i miss that one... odd.. yea i would say that is the exact same one but just DDR3. i would go for it if had DDR3 to mess with..

I just got a chance to test out a real cpu in my 2 month old UD3P. Kicked the e2160 to the curb and dropped in a C1 Q9450 I got from a fine chap here in the classies. I hit the easytune 3.2 button under air and it did it np with everything on auto...got around 63c w/ the stock cooler fully loaded. Then I got my water loop tidied up and this time hit the 3.6Ghz easytune button which it did easily and I have 45c fully loaded.

This is a great great board. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do w/ some manual settings when I have a bunch of time...somewhere around 2012...hopefully before May when the world ends. LOL

Hey anyone have any advice for subtiming settings over 900Mhz on 4x2GBs of g.skill F2-6400CL5-2GBPQ? Such a common kit, I just hope for some guidance as memory speeds are likely to be the limiting factor for my max OC under water. Which I knew going in.

I'm using the F6d BIOS and while I'm a fan of not messing with what's not broken I'm curious which bios revision others are using?

Update:

I left all the settings the same and simply increased FSB to 475 for 3.8Ghz. Passed vista's memory diagnostic and seems stable so far...though all I've done is browsed some pages and run a complete av scan (Kapersky). Didn't think this budget memory had the goods for this. :)

Update:

Finally had some time to try a few different BIOS's. Including F6a, F6d, & F7b. Though I only tested under W7 x86 F6a & F7b were less stable for me than F6d has been. Both F6a & F7d fail orthos at anything above 3.2 when I run two instances of Orthos blend and eat up all the memory this 32bit OS will graciously allow me to use. Soon as the OS starts paging...blamo. F6d does not do this and simply continues doing math correctly while windows thrashes my array with a paging file.

Last edited:
Talk about dumb luck. I bought this board without a thought to OC'ing at the time but got interested in seeing how far I can push my Q9550. Looks like I bought the right board without knowing it.

You certainly did. I haven't had this much fun OCing since the DFI Ultra-D heydays. :)

Hey guys just did a quick and dirty OC with Easy Tune (installed the latest bios and the latest easy tune) I havent started tweaking yet but I will. Hit 4ghz pretty effortlessly. This is after of course I switched to a non stock cooler. It's just a cheapo coolermaster cooler (with copper heatpipes and a 100mm fan) but infinitely better than stock.

i'm running 8gbs of G.skill 8500 ram (CL5-5-15)...

4ghz.jpg

4ghzmem.jpg

Last edited:
Hoping someone can help me here. I just upgraded to this board from an abit ip35 pro. I have got nothing but lower benches with this board, and surprisingly i went from a 20k 3dmark 06 score to a 17k. here are my specs and overclocks. e8400 4.5 at 1.40 volts. Ram 1000 at 4 4 4 12. nvidia 9800gx2 graphics card. drivers 180.48. all chipset drivers are updated and using f5a bios. please, i call out to geeks of the world to help me with this as i have tried everything that i know.

Did you figure this problem out? Im having the same issues.
Im running a GX2 an my 3d benches are less then they should be.
At 4GHz im getting 15k score in 3D06. 17-18k scores on Tpower an 780-790i same clocks.
For AQ3 at 4Ghz I get 210k score an on the 780i 790i T power i get 235-240k score.
Now for the kicker at 5Ghz I only increase in score 5% somthing is limiting me an I cannot figure it out. All benches done in XP all at the same clocks.
Ive done fresh OS installs with new Video drivers an F5 F6 F7b bios.
Nothing makes a differance.

Is anyone else getting strange noises from their boards when your on full load? I get like a a constant stream of...like a whirring noise when I run Prime95. And anytime I move my mouse, a slight beep kind of noise starts...really weird.

I get noises from things like the menu in Crysis or Mass Effect or sometimes during the game. I haven't run Prime95 yet though so not sure if I get it there too.

I get noises from things like the menu in Crysis or Mass Effect or sometimes during the game. I haven't run Prime95 yet though so not sure if I get it there too.

Wonder if that's normal...

At stock, with my Q6600, the noises diminish quite a bit, almost to a point where they're gone (like it should be :screwy:). However, once I hit the 3.6Ghz 400FSB line, it sounds like the board is giving me some lip whenever I do anything in Windows :confused: Wonder if I should RMA the board...but it's such a pain, I just got the watercooling rig done last night :bang head

I'm not positive where the noise is coming from. It might be the psu or the graphics card, judging by some of the results I have gotten by searching. My DFI NF4 board made a similar noise browsing certain webpages when using the scroll wheel. I know [on the EP45] when I boot up when it's doing it's POST before the screen comes up it makes like a barely audible screech (like a subdued noise you hear before you get an xray) and then goes away. I'm running at 540FSB 1:1 now, quiet as a mouse just browsing around.

Back