• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

editing 2K PRO explorer.exe file

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbell

the real xtremesys admin in exile
How do I edit my explorer.exe file? ... exiting to dos to do renames in not a feature of 2K and I want to modify my shell.

anyone try this or at least know how it is done and with what software?

Joe

to modify your shell try somthing called lightstep...or if you want somting that does it easly try somthing like Windowsblinds, or DesktopX....

I can't stand windowblinds .. I just wanna edit my start button to say something other than start...

download a proggy called Resource Hacker, make a copy of your .exe file, open it with RH and change it, then compile it. Then boot in DOS and overwrite the original....simple

takiwa said:
download a proggy called Resource Hacker, make a copy of your .exe file, open it with RH and change it, then compile it. Then boot in DOS and overwrite the original....simple

that is what TechTV said when I first tried this... one problem 2K PRO does not boot to dos - DOS is not there as an option.

sorry...translation coming

boot to DOS = boot to safe mode w/ command prompt (F8 on start-up)

Back