• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ggigabyte GA-6OXET or Abit ST6 or Abit VH6T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigRed

Caffinated Member
choices.. choices...
im going to get a new motherboard for a 1000e and i found these to be my choices.
if i get the gigabyte board or st6 ill have to get rid of one of my sticks of ram (i have 768mb)
if i get the vh6t i can keep my ram but people say it has poor ide performance

i might just have to settle with 512mb of ram and go with the gigabyte or the st6
which one of these would be best?

So was I, your in the same boat as me try checking my other post.Seems like the slotek has a via version like the vht only does 1/5 divider like the gigabyte. Its o/c ability well I did read it had pushed a 1.2 to 1.6 at 1.7 volts hopefully some info on this board comes in. Also I found it was significantly cheaper than even the vht so I think I might go for it.

im not going to be running a tualatin though (maybe in 5 months or so). for now its just going to be a 1000e cD0

whats the max voltage i can put my cumine on these boards?
i think thats going to be my deciding factor in this.

For a cumine chip get an older mobo as all new Tualatin ready mobo's use the new VRM spec which will only allow a maximum of 1.825 volts (the Gigabyte can put out 1.9 odd volts with a modification but modding boards worries me!)

The 1/5th and 1/6th dividers aren't gonna be very useful to you anyway as the most you are really gonna get in terms of FSB speed out of that chip is about 145 mhz FSB....

Flu!d said:
For a cumine chip get an older mobo as all new Tualatin ready mobo's use the new VRM spec which will only allow a maximum of 1.825 volts (the Gigabyte can put out 1.9 odd volts with a modification but modding boards worries me!)

The 1/5th and 1/6th dividers aren't gonna be very useful to you anyway as the most you are really gonna get in terms of FSB speed out of that chip is about 145 mhz FSB....
but in a few months im going to get a tualatin (when i have the funds, im going to buy a p3-s) so i think ill just the gigabyte board for now, i have a cD0 1000e so im going to pray i can get a high overclock with just 1.8v :)

BigRed said:

but in a few months im going to get a tualatin (when i have the funds, im going to buy a p3-s) so i think ill just the gigabyte board for now, i have a cD0 1000e so im going to pray i can get a high overclock with just 1.8v :)

Mine can't have 133 at 1.85V, but 2.05V (my MB jumper jumped from 1.85v to 2.00V which is actually 2.05V), then upto 2.20V at 0.05V increment

just wonder how much a i815 BX440 will run better than the VIA ('cause I'm thinking of getting an Intel MB)

What do you use all the ram for anyways?

Just get the Gigabyte GA-6OXET and settle for 512 ram.

I'm really leaning towards the Gigabyte GA-6OXET now I've seen some kick *** performance with them and like one bad thing that happened.

Yodums

IF the gigabyte is all it's advertised to be, then I'd vote for that... otherwise my VH6T is the best deal IMHO...

Yodums said:
What do you use all the ram for anyways?

Just get the Gigabyte GA-6OXET and settle for 512 ram.

I'm really leaning towards the Gigabyte GA-6OXET now I've seen some kick *** performance with them and like one bad thing that happened.

Yodums
i set up large ramdrives sometimes. like when i use my computer as a decitaded server at lan parties i make like a 400mb ramdrive and install the game server files on there.
im looking for the gigabyte board but they are impossible to find, lol.
the only ones i can find are the -c version. i want the dual bios, heh.
i actually found a place but they dont take paypal :( and i dont have a cc
the only bad thing is until i get myself a p3-s i wont be able to get a much of an overclock out of my 1000e cuz of the low max voltage.

I think we need some more players. As we have learned with the coppermines as the multiplier goes up overclocking chances go down. Even the tualatins after the 1.2+(I believe there is 1.3 that still uses 100fsb not sure) will face probably a 133 fsb as the default so a board with 1/5 and better dividers maybe needed.Unfortunately it leeds to the need for extremely high quality ram that may make one pause to bother at all to upgrade to a tualitan board with ram prices the way they are. So why not if we are steadfast in our desire for a quality tualitan board maybe some tests should include other via boards that are like the abit vht for example gigabytes GA-6VTX(E)(don't know about there dividers), or Sloteck's SL-65KV2-T which one guy post has his [email protected] 1.7v no vid pin and has 1/5 divider. I personally have alot of ram and will probably steer towards a via chipset like solteck's just because of the 1/5 divider but I would love to read some reviews on these 2 other boards and hear some more about them or other boards that are similiar. I can see why we stick to what has worked in the past asus or abit. But now, I wouldn't go for an asus's via chipset for the tualitan and gigabytes now got some good press with there intel chipset version over some past failures maybe there might be some other good options as well. All I can say is we need more reviews. Hey any good sis chipset versions they seem to be holding there own now in ddr arena?

Back