• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Avatar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Hi all just changed my pic under my name.Look closely and you will see no Ide cables ?lol

I ran them behind the board for neatness and air flow on mainboard.And used a slot 1 heat sink fan on my North Bridge,Thing cranks out 7500 rpm !

Also cut the side for funnels over the 2 deltas allowing direct room air on the heat sinks.

cool... figured this would be a good place to show off my new avatar also. I made it in Bryce. It's also rendered at 1024x768, looks really cool as my windows background.

Can you see a bigger pic ? Hell ya love to show her off !!!

Look mom no cables LOL

here is the case mods in progress.The heat sinks are ducted with a pvc collar for direct room temp air.I fear I need a new case side as this is first case mod I have ever attempted.So if grills dont make it look good I will by a new side and cut all holes round !

<chanting>WA-TER-COOL! WA-TER-COOL! WA-TER-COOL!</chanting>

Any plans to do so? You sure have enough room, and the need with a dually.

I am at 37 to 39c max load on booth processors.So I dont think I will water cool it.Besides water is for my 34 foot boat and I see enough water in the summer to avoid it all winter LMAO.

Here is my duct work for the heatsinks that have the 38cfm deltas.It is unfinished and needs detailing but it works awsom and allows for an easy side removal.This mod was the hardest cause there are 2 processors diagonal from each other.case fans converted to 5 prong for easy disconnect,Am painting it and installing conduit for wires to replace tape.

There is boat in background left side of pic !!Wife and child in the back also lmao.

plague said:
cool... figured this would be a good place to show off my new avatar also. I made it in Bryce. It's also rendered at 1024x768, looks really cool as my windows background.

Can u send me the ziped JPG of the 1024x768 ver.??? Look mighty KEWL

I have 28 inch cables.And yes temps became lower and way more even.On the duals I had a 5c difference between the two processors even at idle.Now the difference is close to 1.5c different.So by opening the area up to airflow I gained advantages,Not to mention the easy acess to all my hardware.

Back