• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting by the 1.6v limit on ABIT-ST6RAID.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

False Christian

I'd like to have more voltage so I can get my 1.2GHz Tualiton celeron to 1.6 GHz (133x12) but the board limits you to 1.6 volts!

Now, on my old ABIT-BH6 all I had to do was set the voltage to the maximum and reflash the BIOS and the maximum was the new default.

Can you do this with the ST6? If so, please give me the proper extensions that go after the awrdflash st6_6E.

I can't and I won't do that mod with the copper wire thing. I don't wanna destroy it.

Thanks.:eh?:

The vmod is so easy. Just chill. I doubt there is any other way you'll be able to up the voltage on the ST6 without using that method. If you can find someone that is confident to do it for you, then give it a try. Otherwise, you'll either have to do it yourself or live with 1.6v max.

I didn't want to do it either, but I finally gave in and did. I'm soooo glad I did. It's very easy. Check out the vid pin sticky in the Intel CPU section. Lots of good info there. There is no way to flash a highr voltage. Besides, I think more could go wrong with a bios flash than the vid pinning.

Back