• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fitting GPU's in the case/on the mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninth

Back when I built my last machine (two years), GPU's only took up one slot. Now they take up two, sometimes three slots (if you count the heatsink casing impinging on the slot below it). That being said, how the balls do you fit two full size GPU's in say, a gigabyte ud3r x58a? Right now I'm running a 5770 and a 4770 and they BARELY fit. (4770 in top slot, 58 in the next pcie down). The fan from the 47 is maybe a few mm from the back of the 5770, a configuration that I'm not at all comfortable with. I see people talking about like, sli setups with a pair of 470's, or xfire with 5850's, so I know that it's possible, but the question is, how the balls do you make it all fit? I'm mystified.

(if the solution is just "aftermarket coolers" or "get a different mobo" I'll be very underwhelmed)

Basically, the cards are almost touching, so it comes with a pretty large increase in heat.
3sli_03.jpg

Back