• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dying 295GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

night8jim

I have been out the game as such for a year or so now!

However i think my 295GTX is dying!

Could any one suggest a new card, or are there better cards out there now?

No time to search :)

Thanks Guys!

I have been out the game as such for a year or so now!

However i think my 295GTX is dying!

Could any one suggest a new card, or are there better cards out there now?

No time to search :)

Thanks Guys!

I feel your pain..

Im on my second 295..

Im also looking at the 580, its such a tasty piece of hardware :)

You will also have to OC your CPU, or you will probably bottleneck that 580.

Yeah i was well over 3.5 ghz before, but for some reason it started crashing every now and then. which i think its the actual gfx card. It goes into power saving mode all the time, or drivers fail etc. i cant even use photoshop!

Every one talks about how cool it is to get the new GTX580, which is somewhat an unimpressive upgrade from GTX480, but i'd like to know why is GTX295 dying? Noone asked this? Define, please, how do you see it dying - what is going on?

BTW: i hope your Seagate 7200.11 still has a warranty.

Every one talks about how cool it is to get the new GTX580, which is somewhat an unimpressive upgrade from GTX480, but i'd like to know why is GTX295 dying? Noone asked this? Define, please, how do you see it dying - what is going on?

BTW: i hope your Seagate 7200.11 still has a warranty.

With my last one, the blue light kept turning off, and when its pff at post you couldnt see the screen, tho the system would be at the desktop, there would be no signal to the monitor. Sometimes it would get so scribbled that it would reset the bios on my old rampage formula. The anger I felt was unreal. After tearing my system down and putting it back together soo many times in a 15 hour period, cpus became ninja stars, ram was like throwing knives, and mother boards were frisbees being bounced off the carpet, when the whole time it was my defective 295 lol. My replacement they sent me, wich was brand new, is minty still, for now :D

And the abused hardware is still running today :rock:

Back