• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows Live Messenger Now Playing plugin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

If like me, you use Windows Media Player (WMP) and Windows Live Messenger (WLM) the now playing feature works great the first time you use it, but never works again.

Or it never works in the first place.

The first solution (which never worked for me) is to enable the Messenger plugin in Windows Media Player, by opening the player, clicking alt for the menu bar to show up and selecting tools>plugins (or Tools>options>plugins) after enabling it in WLM (alt key then Tools and then options make sure "Show information about the song I am listening too" is checked)

There still is a solution however.

Open Program Files (or Program Files x86 on 64-bit versions of Windows) and navigate to Windows Live and then the Messenger folder. Copy msgrapp.dll and paste it into Program Files (or X86) Window Media Player Folder.

Restart WMP and you will get pop up from WLM that you are showing "Now listening too...

Been dealing with this issue for over a year now and just decided to fix it.

Back