• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 issues after installing MOBO drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goalieman59

Registered
So I just built a new rig, specs as follows.

Case: Thermaltake Dokker VM600M1W2Z
Motherboard: Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H
Processor:AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Memory:OCZ Gold Series XTC Cooler 4GB DDR3-1333(2GB Sticks)
Power Supply:OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
Hard Drives:Hitachi Deskstar 1TB x2

I started the windows install today, windows went in without a problem. Then after installing the gigabyte motherboard drivers, Windows is coming backup with a start-up error. I was wondering if I did something wrong, or if the drivers are not 64-bit compatible? This is only my second computer built but I have worked on many factory built systems, and have never came across this issue.

Jason

All stock settings, I have not test the ram. I have not tested the ram. I did let windows handle all of the drivers, but I could get the screen resolution to adjust enough to fill my LG w2340VG.

try only with one stick, if don´t boot try with the other, if you can try with both sticks at the same time.... make sure all is good; voltage, speed and timmings

ok so the error was a corrupt registry issue, I cannot get the machine to run a 64-bit version of windows. If have installed a 32-bit and it seems to be running fine. Any ideas as why it keeps dieing on the 64-bit. I have fresh installed the os and added nothing but the drivers that windows wanted, and the the ati control center to control my monitor and then it reboots and never comes back.

May help :

Resolving “Corrupt Registry” Error Message in Windows 7

Resolving “Corrupt Registry” Error Message in Windows 7
Windows Registry is a hierarchical and complex database of entries that saves information related to all the applications (running on the system), low-level components, and third-party applications. Corruption in Windows registry is one major reason for loss of data from your hard drive. Few major causes of registry corruption are operating system crash, virus attacks, and improper system shutdown. In most cases of registry corruption, the Windows operating system becomes unbootable and displays an error message. To overcome this error message, an updated backup acts as a boon to a Windows user. However, the problem continues if the user has not created any valid backup. In such cases, the data saved in the hard drive can only be accessed using third-party Data Recovery Software.

Consider a practical case, where you receive the below error message when you start your computer:

“Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 03: unknown

Problem Signature 04: 21201049

Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover

Problem Signature 06: 7

Problem Signature 07: CorruptRegistry

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033”

The same error message appears every time during the boot process, resulting in inaccessibility of data stored in the hard drive.

Cause:

As explained in the error message, Windows registry is corrupt.

Resolution:

To resolve the above error message, you need to:

Enter the safe mode (press F8 key) and try to startup with 'Last Good Known Configuration' option.

If that does not helps, then perform 'System Restore' in startup repair console.

If the error message still persists, re-install Windows 7 operating system. Re-installing the operating system will resolve the above error message for sure. While the error message gets resolved, you encounter a new problem, i.e., deletion of data from your hard drive. To overcome this issue, you need to opt for an effective third-party Data Recovery utility.

Such Data Recovery Software recoup data from a formatted, deleted, or corrupted hard drive partition. The software allow you to save the recovered data on your desired storage media.

Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery is an answer to all your data loss questions. The Recovery Software instantly recoups all kinds of files and folders from a formatted FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, VFAT, NTFS and NTFS5 file system based hard drive. The do-it-yourself recovery tool supports Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, 2003, and 2000.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Resolving-Corrupt-Registry-Error-Message-in-Windows-7

So even after getting the 32-bit installed and running all night. I turned the machine off to put in the video card, and restarted. And the same error, so i ran PC-Check and Memory module 1 failed testing. So off to exchange the ram tomorrow.

Back