• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weirdest thing I've ever seen Windows do

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Old H-Ware Tech

Registered
Hi All, I was amazed by this and thought it might give someone a laugh. I've seen windows do all sorts of crazy stuff over the years, but tonight I got a new one! This happened running at default clock speeds with windows XP x64. After playing NFS Carbon for an hour or so I exited, didn't reboot, and went into my browser (IE7) and logged in here. I had been reading posts for 10 or 15 mins when suddenly NFS decided to start up, all by itself :shock:. Or maybe windows decided I should play some more, who knows. I didn't play, but I exited the game normally then rebooted. I checked the system out after rebooting, everything is just as it should be. And to think, in the years before windows I would have been alarmed at such behavior from one of my machines. And no I'm not bashing windows - I've seen other OS's do odd things too, maybe not quite as often though. I'm just glad it didn't decide to do something destructive!

Feel free to share your windows weirdness.

lol there are so many..
sounds like your button was stuck or you accidentally pressed it or something as it has happened to me too

Back